LENR and DESTINY.
“In retrospect, all surprises are causal”
This is a very wise statement, I created it for a presentation of the influential book “Black Swan” and I understand it only, say, 85%.
At my age it is not surprising that
- I am not more shocked by surprises;
- I well know that surprises are vital for both victory and creativity; humor is a pleasant form of surprise;
- I have accepted that a form of Pareto’s Law governs surprises, 80% of them are bad and 20% neutral or good;
- Surprises have a splendid mathematical theory by Itti and Baldi, see: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 8009003256
- In essence surprises happen only when Nature acts faster than we can think; therefore Scouts and good researchers are instructed to practice anticipative thinking, to be prepared.
The tortuous ways of our scientific field - see again my “Metaphor history of LENR” - were full with surprises, more negative than Pareto predicts. However, a rather rational geography of LENR was developed and symposia, including ICCF’s were organized mainly by the greatest contributors.
The great surprise is that the dream of technology oriented LENR-ists like me, will become reality first in Greece a country absent from the LENR world map a year ago.
Geography is destiny- in retrospect this can be easily explained. Greece is a country of genius, the cradle of the European civilization. The ancient Greeks had perhaps the last friendly religion; their Gods were hybridizable with humans of both sexes (and even more) and were not completely immune to a bit of corruption. Greece was a place where surprising inventions were made, please see e.g.: http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... essor.html
It is regrettable that that the ancient Greeks have not used the opportunity to generalize their findings, to formulate the Scientific Method and to build a world based on technology. After a world of light the Dark Ages came and who knows when will they end completely?!
Thanks to Goddess Athena- at least technology is again free and flourishing. The descendants of the ancient Greeks had plenty of time, more than 2500 years to be excellent technologists and engineers- and Fast Company Defkalion Green Technologies has surprised us all. A very pleasant surprise, reading about their techno-deeds converts chronos in kairos.
Perhaps it's the gamma rays?
Seems to fry the brain