Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Italy’s Oil Giant Taps Med Diet to Turn Fats Into Fuels

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Italy’s Oil Giant Taps Med Diet to Turn Fats Into Fuels

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 12 Oct 2017, 14:54:29

Each week, Friggi Oil Service pays a visit to Ai Due Otri, a traditional Sardinian restaurant in central Rome, to pick up what’s left in the frying pan. Leftover oil from this and other restaurants is trucked to a collection area just outside the capital. It’s then taken to a refinery operated by Eni SpA, Italy’s oil and gas giant, to be turned into fuel. While biofuels represented little more than 1 percent of the country’s total energy output in 2015, it’s a growing market. The government, driven by European Union renewable-fuel targets and a national diet rich in olive oil, is luring producers with financial incentives. As a result, Ai Due Otri is just one of about 100,000 restaurants nationwide recycling their grease. But Italy must persuade households to do the same if Eni is to process as much as it plans. "Italy ...

"Fats Into Fuels"
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Energy Technology