Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Islamic State opens EU front in France

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Islamic State opens EU front in France

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 09:14:56

Just keeping track of movements in France. A new siege has begun at a Kosher supermarket in central Paris while the two key suspects are holed up in an industrial shed with at least one hostage. Police now saying all these events are linked, with the killing of a policewoman yesterday being a decoy for the Edbo killers, the same suspect now holding Jewish hostages in Paris. Police are concerned this may be the beginning of a wave of attacks.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Re: Islamic State opens EU front in France

Unread postby BobInget » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:15:52

France has the highest population of Muslims in Europe. (former colonies)

Let's put this War Over Oil in perspective;
In one day, a dozen (civilian) people are killed by terrorist activity in Baghdad.
In one day, in Northern Nigeria over a hundred people are murdered by Boko Haram.
In one year, 160,000 Syrians are killed in KSA/Iranian/Syrian 'civil' war.
In One Day, 22 US/Iraq/Afghanistan veterans kill themselves.. (suicide)
In one year, 1,000,000 Sudanese perish in in that oil civil war.

Daily US and Allied forces launch seven to fifteen airstrikes into Iraq and Syria.

34,000 died in Libya's 'first' civil war. Libya slides into civil war once again offering
the greatest prize of all, light crude oil, to now International, Islamic State.

Is it any wonder returning (Syria) Islamist fighters, unemployed, unwanted, decide to
kill themselves and French people?
BobInget
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby dorlomin » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:39:20

Enjoy your non existent virgins f**kers.
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby BobInget » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 14:39:33

More 'Oil Wars' News:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/0 ... 39188.html

All about how A-Q is going to inflict damage in the West. Spoken by Head British spook.

Well, have I got news for him!

By Bryan BenderGLOBE STAFF OCTOBER 08, 2014
WASHINGTON — As the United States and its allies began launching airstrikes against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria in August, another — less public — air war was also heating up: in Afghanistan.

According to the latest Pentagon statistics, US combat aircraft dropped more bombs on Taliban and other militant targets in August than it had in any single month in two years — and nearly triple the monthly average since January.

Officials said they were still compiling the bombing statistics for September but the recent uptick in air attacks in Afghanistan comes as the United States is preparing to pull out about half of its 24,000 troops by the end of the year and curtail most combat operations.
more:http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2014/10/07/with-focus-iraq-and-syria-air-war-heats-afghanistan-amid-drawdown/to9wunctlsgw8LV1dJ0XtL/story.htm

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=123939
Airstrikes in Iraq
Officials provided the following details on the Iraq airstrikes:
-- Near Qaim, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL bunker.
-- Near Asad, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and a large ISIL unit and destroyed two ISIL vehicles.
-- Near Sinjar, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position, an ISIL vehicle and an ISIL heavy weapon.
-- Near Mosul, an airstrike struck an ISIL building and an ISIL tactical unit.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports, officials noted.

The US and Western Europe actively bombing at least six, (Muslim) nations.
BobInget
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby BobInget » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 14:41:35

Why do I think it strange when our 'enemies' strike back?
BobInget
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 14:45:15

Two terrorist "suspects" dead, along with four more dead hostages. The "Religion of Peace" speaks again.

Obama is going to talk soon, doubtless to repeat the nonsense we all know too well.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 16:45:07

Obama could be seen as aiding & abetting the Edbo attack, by his position taking over the film 'Innocence of Muslims'. He is affectively half Muslim, began his presidency as a clear appeaser of Islam, ends up killing more than probably anyone except maybe GWB. The guy is a clutz.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby americandream » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 18:00:13

SeaGypsy wrote:Obama could be seen as aiding & abetting the Edbo attack, by his position taking over the film 'Innocence of Muslims'. He is affectively half Muslim, began his presidency as a clear appeaser of Islam, ends up killing more than probably anyone except maybe GWB. The guy is a clutz.

Your rapid descent to the far right is fairly evident. However, you will need to bear in mind that even the far right parochialism of European and Arab nationalism is no refuge from the objective forces guiding the dynamics of capitalist globalisation (for the parochials both in the West and the Arab Empire).
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby dolanbaker » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 18:34:38

BobInget wrote:Why do I think it strange when our 'enemies' strike back?

Strange how an attack on the free press in France is seen as a "strike back" it was an attack that really has nothing to do with the US at all. It has everything to do with the intolerance of some islamists who believe that they're on a crusade to destroy anything they see as anti Islamic!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 19:27:16

BobInget wrote:Is it any wonder returning (Syria) Islamist fighters, unemployed, unwanted, decide to
kill themselves and French people?

I may still be a registered Democrat, and reformed right winger Republican that relapses some times, and I do have lots of empathy and sympathy for people.

But that empathy ends when they start beheading people and shooting up newspaper staffs yelling "allah akbar."
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 19:32:15

Call me what you will AD, I can call you a meek minded appeaser. Islam is a travesty against western values. It is not a race. Calling it what it is in no way defines my politics, the politics of reality.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 19:42:36

americandream wrote:
SeaGypsy wrote:Obama could be seen as aiding & abetting the Edbo attack, by his position taking over the film 'Innocence of Muslims'. He is teaffectively half Muslim, began his presidency as a clear appeaser of Islam, ends up killing more than probably anyone except maybe GWB. The guy is a clutz.

Your rapid descent to the far right is fairly evident. However, you will need to bear in mind that even the far right parochialism of European and Arab nationalism is no refuge from the objective forces guiding the dynamics of capitalist globalisation (for the parochials both in the West and the Arab Empire).

I like SG and don't want on his bad side, but I've noticed the far right drift too. (but AD, all you can talk about is communism and climate change)

I'd just say: don't lose objectivity. Don't fall down a rabbit hole too much, like me with Russia, and before you know it you've lost objectivity.

Obama is NOT a muslim or "muslim sympathizer" or whatever, my goodness.

Our enemy is extremist islam, not all muslims. For goodness sake.

The extremist islam is what has to be fought, and make no bones about it, and the sane muslims will still be sane and still be good people -- whatever of them radicalize and go crazy, we'll just have to fight them too.

Things government can do:

* It's got to be spelled out, that extremist islam is the problem

* In the US, govt doesn't get involved with religion, but what the whole West needs now is some kind of govt outreach to muslim groups and mosques in our countries. We have got to *encourage* and build up moderate elements, and sanity.

There's actually a lot govt could do here, with outreach, throw some money at this and not just bombs. Get moderate muslim speakers / anti terrorism experts / FBI or whatever to just travel around and talk at mosques and such. Do it as outreach, not like they're all the enemy.

Europe and the US and Australia has to do this, it's a major national security threat for all of us.

And by the way, I've noticed in recent years how FoxNews has Republican-sounding muslims on there. That's helpful. Muslims living in a mostly Christian country, need to see some muslim faces on tv that are part of the mainstream.

* You also have to ramp up intel and monitoring, like NYC did post 9/11, but without violating civil rights or doing entrapment stings -- I personally don't agree with those, entrapment just nets people that wouldn't have done anything otherwise.

Biggest thing is the outreach, govt has to support some kind of outreach to moderate the exremism and inform the muslim community about how bad the problem is, that is coming from their community

* Also, continue to fight terrorists. Yemen's been brewing for a long time, well now it's boiling over, so we may have to go clean it up over there.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Poordogabone » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:02:06

This is so disturbing in many aspects. I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I do think freedom of speech and freedom of the press is one of the pillar of democracy. Charlie Hebdo (Charlie weekly) is a satirical newspaper and was founded in the 60's and mostly made fun of politicians. Its original name was Hara Kiri and was shut down after they ran a satire on the death of De Gaulle. They immediately changed their name to Charlie Hebdo and kept publishing.
What bothers me on this tragedy is a bunch of things that doesn't add up. For one, one of the suspect, the one that surrendered has a solid alibi and was 200 miles from Paris when it all happened but his ID card was found in the getaway car. No one is asking how the other suspects were identified. Since they were wearing ski masks, I found it odd how quickly their identity were revealed And now they are dead. I got from a french source that one of the suspect brother was a police informer. The other question is who benefits from this. Certainly not the french Muslim community. New anti terror laws are now being drafted eroding civil liberties in several countries. In light of all this I can't say with certitude that it was not a false flag operation. I just don't know. What I do know is that a lot of high ranking officials hated that weekly newspaper that used to call itself "bête et méchant" (mean and stupid) and later "journal irresponsable".
Last edited by Poordogabone on Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:19:35, edited 2 times in total.
Poordogabone
Peat
Peat

Re: Islamic State opens EU front in FrancePeakoil and

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:02:17

Obama went to Madrasa, traditional Muslim primary school in Indonesia, his father was a Muslim & he certainly thought he was bringing a special awareness of Islam (& thereby one would think, the MENA) to the Presidency. Turns out that his position on the MENA has been as confused or probably more confused than previous Presidents with no such special awareness.

I keep telling you 6, you really need to understand Islam to be able to discuss it. Your typical placatory positions don't show any awareness of why people like me see even so called moderate Islam as a problem. Islam is in dire need of global reformation before the extremists succeed in pushing the rest of the world into an anti Islamic genocide.

Currently the only significant world leader pushing the Islamic reform agenda is Al Sisi in Egypt. The MSM & NATO administration have utterly ignored the unpopular (in the west) General's instigation of meetings of key Islamic leaders to focus on the danger presented to all Muslims by the extremists & how a division must be made with absolute urgency. This dire need for reform in Islam is ignored by Obama, along with most world leaders, as being too hot potato to mention. Ignoring the need for reformation by these leaders feeds the extremists agenda, driving a wedge between Muslims & everyone else.

I have spent several years studying these matters, I resent being labelled as far right for simply stating what is obvious to any non partisan student of Islam.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby dorlomin » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:02:40

dolanbaker wrote:
BobInget wrote:Why do I think it strange when our 'enemies' strike back?

Strange how an attack on the free press in France is seen as a "strike back" it was an attack that really has nothing to do with the US at all. It has everything to do with the intolerance of some islamists who believe that they're on a crusade to destroy anything they see as anti Islamic!

The magazine involved had a long history of ripping it out of the Catholic clergy and the state. They had even had secret service bugging them at one point. As Muslims become more a part of French life they became as much a target.
Militant Islamists tend to be short on a good grounding in traditional Islamic theology and big on anger. The murder of random Jews is a good example of their total disconnect with reality.
They no more represent mainsteam Islam than the various dissident Republicans represent the average Irishman.
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:10:47

Bullshit Dorlomin, everything the extremists do can be justified with their ideology, which is straight from their holy book, the same holy book as the moderates. The leadership of IS have PHDs in an Islamic version of theology, to accuse them of being ignorant of their own religion is ignorance itself.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby americandream » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:13:09

@ sixstrings

Facts are all that matter. What we prefer is secondary. Now I happen to prefer a life of the wealthy idolatery with a servant in every toilet but the facts are that running a civilisation based on endless choice on a finite planet is doomed for disaster. In that instance, history has shown that we tend to adapt as dictated by material conditions (and you need to think about this before opening your mouth).

The facts are as well that all the far right wishful thinking will not alter the course of globalisation, no matter how many virgins are in the offing, or the prospect of preserving the blood of ones volk und fuhrer.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:15:31

@sg

What is obvious to the non partial is that the West used the Arab Empire to defeat communism. Gave it pride of place in the then emerging world of rational thought. And you wonder why it is now so prominent??
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby dorlomin » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:50:53

SeaGypsy wrote:Bullshit Dorlomin, everything the extremists do can be justified with their ideology, which is straight from their holy book, the same holy book as the moderates.

Like every other ideology ever.
Japanese Buddhists flow Kamikaze missions.
The same Christianity that nurtures the poor justified slavery.
Liberal democracy can create welfare states and Iraq wars.
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dorlomin » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:53:19

americandream wrote:the Arab Empire to defeat communism.

No such thing in that era. Most Arab states aligned behind the USSR.
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Next

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics