Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Is peak oil dead?

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Is peak oil dead?

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 08 Jan 2018, 18:02:49

Revi wrote:
AdamB wrote:
Revi wrote:Peak oil is dead, but the troll show goes on and on and on and on. I used to like this site.

Hey, some of us are right with you to ban the etp sock puppets, or at least restrict their nonsense to a dedicated thread, but this place is pretty non group think when it comes to peak oil nowadays, so they will probably keep going. Use the ignore button perhaps? Although I philosophically disagree with it, but some seem to find comfort in erasing from their consciousness any idea they don't already agree with.

I wasn't talking about the etp people. At least they are talking about oil.

Only tangentially. As they freely admit, they use SOME oil production information (having excluded the info they don't like), exclude the main bulk of USGS estimates (and even then use only the old stuff) because the last thing they need is MORE oil (hence the exclusions rather than full accounting), make up an equation that they admit is just a best fit (again to SOME of the information) and has no predictive ability, and kick out some random outputs. And suckers fall for it, plus it may have generated them a little coin, because of said suckers.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion