Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Is Cornucopianism the new Creationism?

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Is Cornucopianism the new Creationism?

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Tue 13 Mar 2012, 17:29:39

The fascinating thing is how many leftists are cornucopians! You would think that the left would be all on the same page, but apparently cornucopianism = votes for Obama... 8O 8O 8O
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 14 Mar 2012, 09:27:23

Well, on my 8th year now on this site, my 23rd year since graduating in Environmental Science, and my 54th year of life on this planet. Scanned through this thread. It reads just like 100's of other threads on this site and like tens of thousands of debates of the past.

What can we distill?

Any kind of transformation toward any real meaningful sustainability for our species happens after a correction in our human population.

You can't expect ideology or rational science to contribute too much to changing the path of human overshoot in the 21st century. Even when consequences start to hurt, irrational ideology will continue to be reinforced far down the slope of energy decline.

You have all heard the serenity prayer....God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

There is an indirect relationship between our soaring human population and our ability to change our ideologies. In reference to the above prayer courage has to be redefined as the acceptance that there is very little left that we can change. Wisdom is understanding that the consequences far down the energy decline slope will mainly serve to reinforce irrational ideologies.

I have added an additional line to the signature at the bottom of my posts after reading through this thread.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vision-master » Wed 14 Mar 2012, 09:38:11

Any kind of transformation toward any real meaningful sustainability for our species happens after a correction in our human population.

an the needed correction is exactly NOT what you are thinking bc you are of the mind set of 'die-off'. Same old way of thinking since the early Romans.......... The correction needed is our way of thinking, our level of consciousness. Any ideas? :idea:
vision-master

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion