Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Investment in exploration by the Oil majors

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Investment in exploration by the Oil majors

Unread postby Quinny » Mon 31 Oct 2016, 17:49:31

A couple of years ago the majors invested massive capital sums into exploration.

I understand that this has declined significantly over the last couple of years.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of an accurate source for the amounts invested by the majors over the last five years. I realise I could probably look at annual reports, but would have thought the figures have already been recorded and analysed.
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Investment in exploration by the Oil majors

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 31 Oct 2016, 18:15:31

II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Quinny » Mon 31 Oct 2016, 19:15:51

Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 31 Oct 2016, 19:25:14

Its misleading to look only at the exploration budgets of the oil majors. These-a-days the oil majors often acquire new oil reserves by buying out smaller oil companies and taking over their oil production. In fact, mergers and acquisitions may be even more important for replacing their oil reserves then their own exploration programs.

oil-majors-must-count-on-m-a-to-replenish-reserves-

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 31 Oct 2016, 23:44:16

Plant - As an example the year that ExxonMobil acquired XTO more then 75% of XOM proved reserve gain that year came from that single acquisition. Due to it huge size it's essentially impossible for XOM to replace produced reserves by drilling.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby StarvingLion » Tue 01 Nov 2016, 15:09:15

Due to it huge size it's essentially impossible for XOM to replace produced reserves by drilling.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...Sockman Clown doesn't have a clue! Fake billunaire investor and all! It cannot afford to find oil because it is too big...OMG what a load of bullshit.

Here is why the oil majors are collapsing....

The Pyramid of Ponzi is collapsing. In other words, everything denominated in US dollars is suffering a deflationary collapse as good collateral is non-existent. When this entire fake "wealth" engine was predicated upon exporting industry and importing poverty, what the fuck do these oil "experts" think is the inevitable outcome? The USA is a bankrupt 3rd world fake nation. Broke people cannot pay to explore and develop expensive oil. Its conventional oil peaked in the 70's and it replaced it with a fake money ponzi wealth scam. Now we have the Climate Change Scam that is trying to replace the collapsing tax base from an economy that no longer exists. They have to tax the air you breathe because the industry was exported away.

And how about the etp pseudoscience peddlar is desperate for cash trying to hock miracle energy scam devices (nGeni crapola). And morons believe this mindless shit?

You people are a bunch of dupes. Facebook is your economy and you actually believe its worth more than $0.
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Quinny » Tue 01 Nov 2016, 15:31:17

Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Offshore Oil Recovery Beginning in World’s Harshest Environm

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 22 Feb 2018, 23:49:32

Explorers are once again testing the waters in their search for oil, according to Transocean Ltd., the world's biggest offshore rig contractor by market value. Drillers worldwide are forecast to boost new commitments for all types of offshore work by 140 percent this year, Jeremy Thigpen, Transocean's Chief Executive officer told analysts and investors in a conference call on Wednesday. Thigpen said he's excited about opportunities to drill off the coast of Norway, the U.K. and Canada. It's all thanks to the continued climb in crude prices after a three-year crash. Brent crude, the international benchmark, touched $71.28 a barrel late last month, the highest since December 2014. Explorers who slashed budgets and canceled their riskiest drilling projects when the market crashed to focus on safe, low-cost projects in shale fields are once again venturing onto the high seas to prospect for

Offshore Oil Recovery Beginning in World’s Harshest Environments
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Peak Oil Discussion