Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

I believe that I'm unfortunate.

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: I believe that I'm unfortunate.

Unread postby RepublicanfromEngland » Tue 04 Nov 2014, 22:26:46

DesuMaiden wrote:I believe that I'm unfortunate to be born at the end of the age of oil. If I was born in 1930, I would probably be dead before the Malthusian catastrophe truly strikes.

I think the best age to born in would be 1930 because that was when the age of oil really took off. That was when the greatest benefits of oil were developed and reaped. Someone born in 1930 would be dead before the massive global economic collapse and starvation/famines from peak oil strike.

I was born in the worst period in history. I was born in 1990. I was born near the end of the age of oil, which is a very short era in human history. I will grow up in a time when oil resources become scarcer and scarcer. I was born in a time when a catastrophe of unimaginable proportions is about to unfold. I will be alive and well when the greatest catastrophe in mankind's history is about to happen. I am going to be alive when the greatest famine on earth will arrive. I will be alive when the greatest dying of human beings is about to arrive.

I only wished I was born in the 1930s because I wouldn't be alive anymore when the greatest catastrophe in human history strikes. But I will only be in my 30s or 40s when the greatest catastrophe in human history arrives. I will have to suffer the full blow of the greatest catastrophe ever in the prime of my life.

For kids born today, they will even be more unfortunate. They are going to live straight through the worst era of human history. Kids born today might not even ever be well-feed and educated as society totally collapses around them as they grow up.

I guess I was lucky enough to reap the benefits of the age of oil before all of the oil was sucked up. I guess I was lucky enough to enjoy the wonders of fossil fuel energy before it was used up. But I believe my children will not enjoy the same benefits of fossil fuel energy as they grow up. My children may have to grow up in a terrible and chaotic world full of anarchy, unrest, war, famine, starvation, disease and death.

The end of the age of oil is basically the beginning of a Malthusian catastrophe. The end of the age of oil is basically the beginning of a new dark age. I believe a new civilization will emerge from the ashes of our civilization, but that's only after billions of people die from this planet.

Anyways, that's all I got to say. Good night my friends.

When I have ordered chinese takeaway once week a week as an examp, I collect my thoughts on the won ton soup and polystyrie it was poured into. That shit isn't degrading for years, decades, once in the trash. :cry: I'm essentially enjoying a comfort generations from now won't ever have. 8) How selfish.

None of us chose to be born in the era we are born in, people like you and me had thousands of nukes on the planet. I think back to that chaotic era, what a cess pool of filth!

Enjoy a pizza from Pizza hut once in a while. I guess if you don't like that, make you're own. :P
RepublicanfromEngland
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 04 Nov 2014, 22:51:37

RepublicanfromEngland wrote:I collect my thoughts on the won ton soup and polystyrie it was poured into. That shit isn't degrading for years, decades, once in the trash. :cry: I'm essentially enjoying a comfort generations from now won't ever have. 8) How selfish.

Want to know why Chinese over in China like Kentucky Fried Chicken so much?

Because at their local places *plastic gets put in the rice as a filler*. That's a lot worse than wonton soup in a plastic container. :lol: At least you're not eating the plastic, right?

This isn't a joke by the way, that really is why they like American chains so much, they trust the food that there will not be plastic and all kinds of crap in it because their gov does not regulate product safety. An American restaurant company won't ever let anyone put plastic in the food.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:16:58

So I guess I must be fortunate enough to see the collapse of industrialized civilization. I predict industrialized civilization will collapse by 2030, but the collapse will start as soon as 2020.
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 18:58:36

Its already started
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dorlomin » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 19:30:44

The wealthiest people in the world 150 years ago died from diseases we would be horrified if our poorest died from today. Almost no on in our western world skips more than one meal a day. Cold is going inside, not at night under duvets that only the very rich could have afforded 50 years ago. You have to walk no where and have tropical fruits brought to you from around the world for dollars\pounds\euros.

Sign up as an infantry soldier, or join a aid agency and work in the third world for bit.

Learn how spoiled and privileged you are.
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 23:11:08

Shaved Monkey wrote:Its already started

Prove it.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 23:52:20

lol
Prove it hasnt
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby kenberthiaume » Mon 17 Nov 2014, 12:57:54

If you were born in the 1930s, you'd have to worry about polio. A little thing called WW2 where the world almost wrecked itself.

Plus you'd be bored senseless without TV, internet, modern phone communications, computers...

You're attitude is bizarre. You have no perspective.

When I was a kid in the 1970s, we were told there would be NO oil left by the year 2000.

How'd that work out?

The world isn't running out of oil any time soon. And by the time it does something better will have come along.

And you'll have wasted your life in misery bemoaning your fate.
kenberthiaume
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Mon 17 Nov 2014, 22:28:40

Heres 36 mill that didnt get saved by the cheap energy slave that is oil.
Nearly 36 million people worldwide, or 0.5% of the world's population, live as slaves

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-30080578
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Thu 20 Nov 2014, 05:08:14

Shaved Monkey wrote:Heres 36 mill that didnt get saved by the cheap energy slave that is oil.
Nearly 36 million people worldwide, or 0.5% of the world's population, live as slaves

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-30080578

I guess I am lucky that I am not a slave. :-D
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Narz » Thu 20 Nov 2014, 05:50:51

I'm glad I wasn't born in the 30's because I'd probably be dead now. Also, world wars, nuclear scares & too old to enjoy the hippie era.

Now is the best time to be alive, enjoy all the opportunities & don't worry about the future. Ulitmately you're dead anyway.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby aldente » Fri 21 Nov 2014, 17:00:33

DesuMaidn- you are not a maiden!

You are a disinfo-agent

aldente
Permanently Banned

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion