Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

How the US oil, gas boom could shake up global order

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: How the US oil, gas boom could shake up global order

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:35:05

Speaking of the big BP blowout in the GOM. I had just assumed that since the well was successfully capped off and the cause of the problem was traced back to faulty equipment that BP had redrilled into the field with good equipment and was producing it. After all they know there is oil under pressure in that spot and they already own the drilling equipment to access it.

However from the context of Rockmans last post I now wonder if that particular field is off limits or if people are just afraid to drill it.

So Rockman or Rockdoc, whats the story?
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:29:15

ROCKMAN wrote:I lump all those considerations into the POD: the Peak Oil Dynamic. Much more inclusive then the relatively simple PO concept.

Rockman, I just wanted to say thank you for your many posts on this site. I don't have much to contribute to discussions of geology or oil plays so I am a silent reader of these posts and felt the need to acknowledge your valuable contributions.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Wed 17 Apr 2013, 15:23:05

tanada – With respect to BP developing their lease I’m suspect that’s off the table until all the legal actions have ended. But I’ve been told that the reservoir extends off the BP lease to another lease owned by different operators. In fact those operators had proposed to form a joint venture with BP to drill the exploratory well together and share in the development costs. But BP rejected their proposal and they weren’t able to participate in the well. Very lucky for them to say the least. I haven’t heard about plans for them to try developing the reservoir from their side of the lease line.

As far as the pressures they encountered (about 12,000 psi) there’s nothing difficult particularly dealing with such conditions. I’ve had wells with 16,000+ psi reservoir pressures and didn’t have a problem. OTOH I’ve seen wells with reservoirs at 3,000 psi blow out and kill hands. High pressures don’t cause problems…not controlling the pressures causes the problem.

Quick lesson to “well control” in case you’re not familiar. All reservoirs are under some pressure above atmospheric. Maybe 800 psi in a very shallow well to 17,000 psi in a deep one. When drilling one maintains a “mud weight” sufficiently high to counterbalance the reservoir pressure you’re dealing with. The Macondo well required a MW of about 14 pounds per gallon. That's just considered just a moderate MW and not a high one such as 17 ppg. A column of 14 ppg drilling fluid produced a back pressure at the bottom of the hole that exceeded the Macondo reservoir pressure. The oil in the reservoir cannot flow into the casing against that back pressure. The details are more complicated but I’ll skip those. But this is the basis of safe “well control”: keep the well in balance. IOW keep the mud weight high enough to prevent a flow.

Like every other arm chair engineers I have my own interpretation of what caused the blow out. Some will see it differently. First, cement failure. Cements fail in wells all the time. When I do a cmt job I assume it’s going to fail and plan accordingly. Cmt failure is so common we keep the equipment (RTTS tool) to repair it on the rig full time. We simply pump more cmt into the hole, let it set and then retest. It’s called a “squeeze job”. I’ve done a number of squeeze jobs on the same casing seat (bottom of the end of the steel pipe) before getting a valid test (pressure up on the cmt to a level higher than needed to control the well).

What went wrong is that BP put the well in an “unbalanced state”: the weight of the fluid column in the casing wasn’t high enough to prevent the reservoir from flowing into the well bore. This was an intentional step dictated by BP management. They had a reason for doing this but too complex to explain. They tested the cmt and, according to some, misinterpreted the test results and conclude the cmt would hold back the reservoir. But it didn’t. And there’s the chicken and egg situation: by putting the well in an unbalanced state it allowed the reservoir to push the cmt out of the way. IOW the pressure on the reservoir side of the cmt was much higher than the pressure on the fluid column side of the cmt. After that it’s simple physics: fluids flow from high pressure areas to low pressure areas. Had the cmt failed but if the mud weight would have still been 14 ppg the well would not have flowed. Again, very simple physics.

But even under these circumstances the blowout could have been prevented. For a variety of reasons it’s not rare for a well, while drilling, to unintentionally go into an unbalanced state. When that happens we “take a kick”: oil/NG/water will start to flow up the well. How do we know when this happens? We “check for flow” periodically. Very simple process: while drilling we’re pumping mud down the drill pipe and it circulates back up the well thru the annulus…that area between the drill pipe and the well bore. To check for flow you simply stop pumping the mud down. If the well is static you won’t see mud coming up the annulus back into the mud tanks on the rig. If it doesn’t stop then you know you’re taking a kick…if you’re not pushing the mud out of the hole then Mother Earth must be doing it. If this happens you shut the well in: close all the valves that prevent anything coming up the well to squirt out onto the drill floor.

Once the well is shut-in the tool pusher goes to his “kill sheet”: a predetermined process to pump heavier mud down the well to stop that uncontrolled flow. Kicks can happen almost daily in the Gulf coast and you don’t see blow outs because they are controlled and killed. Just a guess but on the wells I’ve been involved with for the last 38 years I’ve probably taken 100+ kicks and never lost control. And this is the part that’s difficult for most of us to understand: why didn’t anyone see the mud flowing up and realize they were taking a kick? There are computer monitors and automatic alarm systems that watch for a kick. And it doesn’t even have to be that high tech: someone watches the end of the pipe leading into the mud tank: turn the pumps off and if mud keeps flowing out the pipe you’re taking a kick.

But I also know what it’s like on a rig when a well is finished and they’re rigging down. Lots of focus on matters other than what’s going on in the well bore. Checking inventory, shutting down your equipment, packing up, arranging transportation, etc. One of the most meaningful reports was from a boat captain that was taking on drilling mud from the rig to haul back to the shore base. He called up to the rig and told them to stop pumping mud down to him…he was full. The rig told him he couldn’t be full because they had not transferred that much from their tanks. Apparently as they were pumping from the rig tanks the well was unloading into the tanks and thus keeping them full. And by offloading mud to the boat it prevented the rig tanks from overflowing and, as a result, no alarm.

There should have been 2 or 3 different hands checking for flow at the time. Especially given the well was in an unbalanced state. There was a financial reason for BP to allow the unbalance. I have never once intentionally allowed a well to go into an unbalanced state. I’ve never known any operator of an offshore well to intentionally allow it. What BP did was replace some of the heavy mud with lighter sea water which reduced the back pressure on the cmt to less than the reservoir pressure. Had the cmt been allowed to set properly it still might not have failed even with the unbalance state. But that would have meant waiting longer before going unbalanced. BP was probably burning thru $30k to $40k per hour at the time. And when they did the pressure test on the cmt some of the supervisors on the rig weren’t satisfied they had a good test and wanted to wait. But they were overruled. Which led one of them to make the infamous statement: “Well, I guess that’s why we have blowout preventers”. A statement made very publicly in front of witnesses. But that also leads to a worse question: if some of the managers were that concerned why wasn’t an even more diligent effort made to check for flow? I will never understand that disconnect. Never.

The last time I drilled a well from a barge in S La every time we turned the pumps off to add a new joint of drill pipe (every 30’) I had the tool pusher check for flow. And then I would have my drilling superintendent check for flow after the tool pushed checked. And if I happened to be on the drill floor at the time I would check for flow after my super. And this was on a well that wasn’t in an unbalanced state.

Not a discussion I enjoy. Especially since one of the 11 dead hands on the Macondo blow out was the nephew of one of my consultants. A consultant I was already consoling over the loss of his adult son in an auto accident a week earlier. It was a very bad week in my shop.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Wed 17 Apr 2013, 15:35:26

Ibon - Thanks and don't be so silent. Everyone has opinions about something. I've never been shy about expressing myself on subjects I didn't know much about. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pops » Wed 17 Apr 2013, 18:13:50

Thanks ROCK, great explanation of the process.

Why don't you and roc (if he cares to), write us a pile of those little discussions about the ins and outs of making oil and I'll make a special place to feature them!
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Wed 17 Apr 2013, 21:03:47

Pops - I might take you up on that. Being “redundant" isn’t fun especially for a slow two-finger typist like me. If there were some archive system I would be glad to add some of my golden thoughts and silly jokes. Maybe some way to just post a link to a specific subject. There are other folks here with their knowledge base that could do likewise.

And then we could just focus on our little interpersonal pissing matches.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Econ101 » Wed 17 Apr 2013, 21:55:18

As far as the booming Bakken development goes according to the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on July 14, 2012 about 91% of all Bakken spacing units contain some federal mineral ownership or trust responsibility. And very important: even if a proposed Bakken drilling unit contains just 1% federal lease it can’t be drilled without govt approval

:lol:

If the federal government is a minority holder their approval is only a formality. The well would go on without it too. It is meaningless. Your statement is either made to mislead or misunderstood by you:
Econ101
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby ralfy » Wed 17 Apr 2013, 23:07:03

Econ101 wrote:Say ralfy, explain what affect this information is having on depletion rates, EUR and eroei:

The oil fields in North Dakota are in the early stages of development.
Oil production in North Dakota rose 5.6 percent in February to 778,971 barrels per day, according to preliminary figures released Tuesday.

This was disappointing to the industry. They know What they are sitting on and they are anxious to see those production numbers soar.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/396674/ wrote:BISMARCK – Oil companies operating in North Dakota are keeping the brakes on this spring, but a “big surge in production” is expected this summer and fall, the director of the Department of Mineral Resources said Tuesday.

Several things including weather, road conditions, technological advances in flow and recovery, infrastructure for shipping product and supplying wells are all contributing allowing well count to increase.

They say 2000 new jobs will be opening up as the Bakken continues its amazing growth.

Oil production in the US is up 25% in the past 5 yrs. as things ramp up expect it to double in the next 5-7 yrs. Remember, this is happening without any new additional federal lands coming into production. the Feds are trying hard to maintain the peak oil illusion but production from private lands is beginning to overwhelm that political strategy.

These bright prospects will indeed impact world events, help ease world poverty, work against hunger and certainly raise the standard of living of thousands upon thousands of Americans finding work and careers in the industry.

There is a tremendous amount of wealth assembling and flowing out of North Dakota. With it comes power. The resource, at least as measured in the human time frame is finite in the same sense solar energy is finite.

Production ramp up using better technology but at higher energy costs:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... dance.html

More links in the article, such as

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/9506

and more in this forum.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:12:10

Econ - You might take a break from laughing and read the regs yourself.

http://www.blm.gov/mt/st/en/prog/energy ... d_gas.html

“A BLM Application for Permit to Drill (APD) is required when a well is drilled on a BLM or BIA lease. If you plan on drilling an oil and gas well on BIA managed land or BLM managed land you are required to submit an APD to the appropriate BLM office. A BLM APD is a detailed document describing your project, its purpose, and ancillary matters associated with drilling the well.”

It’s not a formality…it’s the law. And no operator has ever drilled a well on govt land in N Dakota without a fed permit in hand. And according to operators tying to drill on fed lands it’s a slow and painful process. And I’m rather surprised you’re not being more vocal about the law. Have you not been reading the complaints from the oil patch about how much longer it takes to get a permit on fed lands compared to private lands? It’s all over the Internet if you search fed permits. If the companies and conservative lobbyists are bitching so loudly about President Obama dragging his feet it’s obviously not a “formality”. Given the short drilling window in the Bakken it's apparently a major pain in the butt. BTW Salazar has said they are bringing the permitting process up to 20th century digital standards and reduce the current permitting time that that can be as much as 5X as long as getting a state permit.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 18 Apr 2013, 11:10:04

Econ - You might take a break from laughing and read the regs yourself.

“A BLM Application for Permit to Drill (APD) is required when a well is drilled on a BLM or BIA lease. If you plan on drilling an oil and gas well on BIA managed land or BLM managed land you are required to submit an APD to the appropriate BLM office. A BLM APD is a detailed document describing your project, its purpose, and ancillary matters associated with drilling the well.”

It’s not a formality…it’s the law. And no operator has ever drilled a well on govt land in N Dakota without a fed permit in hand. And according to operators tying to drill on fed lands it’s a slow and painful process. And I’m rather surprised you’re not being more vocal about the law. Have you not been reading the complaints from the oil patch about how much longer it takes to get a permit on fed lands compared to private lands? It’s all over the Internet if you search fed permits. If the companies and conservative lobbyists are bitching so loudly about President Obama dragging his feet it’s obviously not a “formality”. Given the short drilling window in the Bakken it's apparently a major pain in the butt. BTW Salazar has said they are bringing the permitting process up to 20th century digital standards and reduce the current permitting time that can be as much as 5X as long as getting a state permit.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Graeme » Thu 18 Apr 2013, 19:19:22

Supply to drive oil prices lower

Rising supplies in North America will push world oil prices lower over the next four years, an energy conference in Toronto heard Tuesday.

The webcast predictions from Calgary-based oil and gas analyst Andrew Potter of CIBC World Markets came as the price of European Brent crude fell below $100 US per barrel for the first time since July on signs world economic growth will slow, curbing demand.

New York-traded benchmark West Texas Intermediate oil, meanwhile, closed little changed after tumbling below $90 US per barrel to $88.71 on Monday and hitting a new four-month low of $86.06 in interday trading on Tuesday.

"The oil market has fundamentally changed," Potter said at the event Tuesday morning.

"In the 2007 to 2011 era, the characteristic of the oil market was that supply was really struggling to meet demand. What you've seen over the last 12 months, and what you'll probably see over the next two years, is that demand will be struggling to keep pace with supply."

calgaryherald
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. H. G. Wells.
Fatih Birol's motto: leave oil before it leaves us.
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 18 Apr 2013, 21:30:22

Graeme – OK…I’m going to be a little nitpicky. “Rising supplies in North America will push world oil prices lower over the next four years”. Actually the world oil market could care less how much oil is produced in the US. OTOH it does pay attention to how much oil the US imports since that competes with the other importers. If the often promised economic recovery in the US does happen our growth in consumption might exceed our increase in domestic production. Not that I would bet lunch it would happen but it can’t be completely ruled out.

Global oil prices will be in part determined by the demand from the importers. Of course, demand is moderated by price: folks buy what they can afford…not what they want. Exporters can only sell what they can produce…obviously. But they aren’t required to sell all they can produce. So how much do they sell? They have to sell enough to meet their income requirements. How much oil is that? Depends on the price of that oil. If I recall correctly the KSA sold less oil the last couple of years but had their highest oil revenue of all times. So that brings us back to demand being moderated by price.

Of course, the exporters supply oil to other buyers besides the US. A simple model: the US increases domestic production - the US may, or may not, increase consumption significantly – China continues to increase oil imports even though their economy has slowed down to a miserable 8%. And a few more aspects. First, Saudi Arabia, a major supplier of oil to the world, has been steadily increasing their internal consumption of their oil reducing the amount available for export. Second, for at least 15 years China has been tying up future oil production by acquisition of in-ground reserves as well as obtaining long term contacts and right of first refusal. As they continue to do today. And, of course there’s the balance between depletion of the global reserves base and the development of new fields. And lastly there's that occasional significant impact of geopolitics and spotty military adventures.

So how does the global market price of oil respond to these dynamics?

But, in the end, predicting future global oil price is just a guess and one can base it upon any factors one chooses. IMHO basing such a guess how much Germany will pay Saudi Arabia for their oil in 4 years based on how much oil will be produced from the Eagle Ford and Bakken seems a tad simplistic. Of course, opinions will vary
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Graeme » Thu 18 Apr 2013, 23:16:47

R, I was merely quoting a statement by an o/g analyst. It appears according to these investor rules that supply/demand is the primary factor for determining the price of oil. Correct me if I'm wrong. I've noted that there at least ten factors that affect the price of oil. Is this being simplistic? Will the US oil/gas boom shake up the global order? At least one analysts thinks that it will lead to lower prices over the next four years. Maybe he's right but what will happen after that?
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. H. G. Wells.
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 19 Apr 2013, 09:16:06

Graeme – I wasn’t picking on you. Just took the opportunity to rant against such simplistic views of oil pricing. "It appears according to these investor rules that supply/demand is the primary factor for determining the price of oil." And this is where the conversation can get confusing depending on one's perspective. For those who view the dynamic as I do, supply and demand are always balanced in the longer term. Short term spikes can always happen. Neither demand nor supply determines the price. Price determines how much oil a buyer purchases. IOW his demand...demand being what he can afford to buy and not what he would like to buy. And the suppliers can't sell more oil than what the buyers can afford to pay for so, again, the price of oil determines how much supply enters the market.

IMHO the amount of future oil we produce from the shales, the Deep Water, EOR and every other source will be determined by the future price of oil. That's very easy to validate: how much oil would the US be producing today (let alone in the future) if oil had still been selling for less than $40/bbl as it was in the late 90's? Would even 1% of the public be familiar with the names Bakken and Eagle Ford? Some folks are still confused and think the high cost of oil extraction from the unconventional reservoirs has caused the higher prices. But in reality it’s the high price of oil that has allowed those costly reserves to be developed.

One has to allow for the long lag time between oil production development and price movements. But the price of oil and NG has always determined what gets drilled and how production rates change. An obvious feedback loop that has existed in the oil industry from the very first day. If one ignores all the other factors that affect price, lower future prices will ultimately cause less oil to be produced whether we’ve passed PO or if it’s still another 30 years in front of us. Consider US NG production. Do we hear much debate about PNG? Yet the same dynamic exists: high NG prices 5 years ago led to a huge increase in drilling especially for unconventional reservoirs. And then the price bust came and drilling dropped 75%. And thanks to the lag time we are producing a large amount of NG from wells that wouldn’t be drilled today. And aren’t being drilled today. This gives the appearance that we’ve discovered a sustainable method of creating low cost NG reserves. We haven’t. We discovered a way to supply the market with a large volume of relatively cheap NG as long as companies are willing to lose money in the process. This is the same expectation that lower future oil prices will develop and not impact the amount future oil production. Not a very good plan to hang our economic future on IMHO.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Graeme » Fri 19 Apr 2013, 22:53:16

R, Thanks for all your generous and detailed responses! Just awesome. Hope you will hang around here for a while! You might be interested in this:

The Price of the U.S. Oil Boom

I'll let you in on a little secret when it comes to investing in the U.S. oil boom: The most profitable companies from here on out won't necessarily be the ones sitting on the most oil.

No. Our biggest returns will be from companies that can accomplish one goal — improve drilling efficiency.

It'll all come down utilizing multi-well pad drilling.

When Helms reported an increasing amount of companies in NoDak are switching to multi-well pads, my eyes lit up.

Rather than just putting one well on a single pad, these guys have typically been drilling up to eight. But for them, eight isn't nearly enough. Some shale players are putting more than a dozen wells on one pad, while others are gunning for at least 18. A few are pushing for as many as 24!

This drilling strategy is driving down costs in turn — some by as much as 30%.
This is precisely how they're going to boost Bakken production.

energyandcapital
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 20 Apr 2013, 09:00:50

Yep…the hunt for cost cutting is constant. That’s one of my primary responsibilities as VP Operations. Everything from saving 100’s of $thousands to just a few $thousand on every well. Last fall I built a location (in the vicinity of that infamous sink hole in La.) designed to drill to two directional wells (not hz). Would save me about $150,000. To say the oil patch has always been obsessed with this effort isn’t an overstatement.

The big savings from multi-well pads isn’t just the cost of saving on the site construction costs. Once a well is finished the drill rig is “demobed” (demobilized) from that well and “mobed” to the next location. Rigs are made up of numerous components that fit on an 18 wheelers. Can vary from 15 to 30 loads. Trucking isn’t cheap but that’s not the most expensive aspect…not very far between locations. It’s the “day rate” that runs the price up. It can take 2 to 3 days to demob a rig and another couple of days to mob and but the pieces back together. And the operator typically pays the same day rate whether drilling or mobbing. Day rates vary by rig size and demand. $15,000/day would be low. So now the cost to move the rig to the next location can easily run $100,000+. I’ve spent $250,000 mobing a rig more than once. But that 30% savings seems rather unrealistic. For a well costing $5 million to drill and complete that would represent of a saving of $1.5 million…that’s not close to the range of possibilities. Also “skidding” a rig from one well to the next on a pad can take a portion of a day and the operator pays for that time. I suspect part of the motivation for tossing out those “huge” cost savings number is just pubco hype.

And you give back a portion of your savings due to the added drill time for some of the wells. When you drill a hz well you go down straight some distance (a 7,000’ KOP - kick off point - as an example) and then start building the hole angle to 90 degrees. As you do the hole moves away from the surface location. As an example 1,000’ away from the SL you enter the reservoir and begin your lateral. Drilling from a pad you might drill 4 wells at right angles to each other. That limits how far those laterals are apart. If you’re drilling a reservoir that can handle high density drainage you might drill another 4 wells with one between each of the first 4 wells. Might happen but would probably not happen often. So to get further away from the SL the KOP wouldn’t be so deep…say at 6,000’. And instead of landing the well 1,000’ away from the locations you have to drill 2,000’ away from the SL before you begin the lateral. All this extra takes time and more drill bits. And that adds costs.

BTW the highest mob cost I’ve ever experienced: MUCHO! While on contract for Devon working on a Deep Water Brazil project they had to mob a big floater from Africa to the location. The day the rig showed up on location the cost of that first well was $48 million before they drilled 1’ of hole. Of course, mobbing to the next location in the region was cheap…maybe only $3 million or $4 million. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Econ101 » Sun 21 Apr 2013, 12:50:16

ROCKMAN wrote:Econ - You might take a break from laughing and read the regs yourself.

It’s not a formality…it’s the law. And no operator has ever drilled a well on govt land in N Dakota without a fed permit in hand. And according to operators tying to drill on fed lands it’s a slow and painful process. And I’m rather surprised you’re not being more vocal about the law. Have you not been reading the complaints from the oil patch about how much longer it takes to get a permit on fed lands compared to private lands? It’s all over the Internet if you search fed permits. If the companies and conservative lobbyists are bitching so loudly about President Obama dragging his feet it’s obviously not a “formality”. Given the short drilling window in the Bakken it's apparently a major pain in the butt. BTW Salazar has said they are bringing the permitting process up to 20th century digital standards and reduce the current permitting time that can be as much as 5X as long as getting a state permit.

First of all in North Dakota the feds have an interest in less than 10% of the lands. That is why the boom is centered there. These lands have been leased for some time, the BLM does not operate autonomously from the state. They cant stop, but they can slow.

This underscores what I have been saying about peak oil politics. They cant stop things up there but they can slow them. The epa is also slowing up fracking permits. Last count there were over 300 wells ready to frack and produce waiting on the epa.

Its about politics Rockman. We have all we need if we are in a supporting industry climate.
Econ101
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 03 Jan 2017, 16:35:15

Econ101 wrote:
ROCKMAN wrote:Econ - You might take a break from laughing and read the regs yourself.

First of all in North Dakota the feds have an interest in less than 10% of the lands. That is why the boom is centered there. These lands have been leased for some time, the BLM does not operate autonomously from the state. They cant stop, but they can slow.

This underscores what I have been saying about peak oil politics. They cant stop things up there but they can slow them. The epa is also slowing up fracking permits. Last count there were over 300 wells ready to frack and produce waiting on the epa.

Its about politics Rockman. We have all we need if we are in a supporting industry climate.

With a fracking friendly President, Congress and EPA just hom much interest will there be in leasing federal land for fracking?
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Tue 03 Jan 2017, 18:33:25

"With a fracking friendly President..." So you're wondering about the future since the most frac'ng friendly POTUS in history is leaving office? Or wonder about the future of the leasing of federal lands now that the POTUS who has offered more acres of federal oil/NG drilling rights then any other POTUS in history? Or if the president-elect will continue approving drilling permits offsetting the Macondo blowout as President Obama has been doing? Or are you wondering how many BLM leases the president-elect will issue compared to the 1,542 leases issued by Obama? Or wondering if the president-elect will steal President Obama's record of more US coal produced in history? Or still his record for the fastest rate of increase in US oil production in history? Or steal President Obama's record of exporting more coal then any other POTUS in history? Or are you concerned that President-elect Trump might try to match the 700% increase in coal exports to Asia that occurred during President Obama's time in office? Or are you concerned the president-elect will try to increase NG exports by 80% as it did during President Obama's time in office? Or are you concerned a President Trump might try to increase US oil exports by more then the 1,000% increase we saw when President Obama was in office? IOW trying to steal President Obama's record of the most oil ever exported in history? Or maybe you're worried that the president-elect will try to increase refinery exports more then the 700% we saw under President Obama?

Or maybe you're more concerned about the president-elect future spending habits and if they'll lead to him stealing the record of the largest deficit in history from President Obama, his FY 2010 $1.587 trillion deficit. Or during his first term exceed the $4.5 trillion in debt increase from President Obama's first 4 budgets?

If I missed any of your concerns just let me know and we'll hash them over.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion