Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Germanys dirty secret under Chancelor Merkel

Re: Germanys dirty secret under Chancelor Merkel

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 21 Sep 2017, 02:34:31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaMZ3S9HP7g

Faking Green Energy + Blocking Coal Mines

This week on Act Out, we go to the front lines in Europe to dispel the myths of a squeaky green facade and hear about the tactics and actions being used to shut down and block dirty and destructive energy projects. Next, making connections and why greenwashing “over there” matters to you. Next up, how do we fight - in the capitalist line.

https://www.ende-gelaende.org

There is still hope with this female fighters @ the frontlines meet them and be loud.....

Thank YOU

ACT OUT!

PEAK OIL!

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 08:14:24

http://www.dw.com/en/cop23-thousands-pr ... a-41236777
COP23: Thousands protest German coal use ahead of UN Climate Change Conference in Bonn
Just days before the UN Climate Conference is due to get underway, thousands of people have protested in Bonn demanding Germany immediately phase out its use of coal.....

[img]
http://www.dw.com/image/38210963_303.jpg[/img]

Merkel fools the whole world while Germanys coal fire plants run @ full dirty load hour by hour day by day week by week year by year Merkel is in power...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germ ... SKBN1AI1HF
I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Tue 09 Jan 2018, 15:56:59

+++Germany under Merkels new "GREAT" COAL - ition cuts all climate targets +++

So Merkel fools the whole world...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekeatin ... 42dc294815

While it may just be an acknowledgement of reality, the scrapping of the 2020 target represents a symbolic blow for Merkel politically. It may be only one of the first of her pet projects to take a hit during these talks, undermining her authority. If postponing the target is unavoidable at this point, climate activists will now be working to put pressure on the government to set the new target as early in the 2020s as possible.

"The party leaders must correct this course, otherwise they undermine the credibility of German climate policy," warned Weiger.
https://www.euractiv.com/section/climat ... te-target/

MERKEL = THE GREAT LIE

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 09 Jan 2018, 23:57:26

For the first time in more than 200 years a German cathedral has been deliberately torn down.

Demolition teams moved in on Immerath Cathedral this morning to clear the land ready for the expansion of a giant open-cast coal mine.

The 120 year old building was standing on top of deposits of one of Europe’s dirtiest fuels: brown coal, or ‘lignite’.

Last minute legal appeals and direct action from Greenpeace activists failed to prevent the destruction of the cathedral from going ahead.

A spokesperson for RWE, the giant energy company that owns the mine and the power plants it fuels, told reporters on the scene that steps were being taken to protect the climate – a claim campaigners responded to with anger given the enormous impact of the CO2 emissions from the company’s plants.

Plants owned by RWE in various countries are responsible for almost a fifth of all CO2 emissions from coal in the EU and the harmful air pollution they cause are linked to more than 1700 premature deaths according to analysis by the Europe Beyond Coal campaign.

The symbolism of a historic building being destroyed to extract a fuel that destroys the climate spread quickly on social media.

Some users drew a connection to the UK government’s confirmation last week that it would phase out coal by 2025 and the news that Finland was considering bringing its own national phase out date forward from 2030 to 2025.

Germany, which is still without a government after elections last year, is yet to announce how it will phase out coal ahead of a 2030 deadline in order to meet commitments in the Paris agreement.

Aside from the Cathedral the mine’s expansion continues to threaten local forests and entire villages, including buildings listed as being of historical interest.

The significance of the building for the local population was highlighted by fire fighter Marc Bolten, 34. In 2015 Bolten had an image of the cathedral tattooed on his arm and told RP Online it was to help him remember a beautiful village. He told the local paper:
Bolten wrote: “This is my hometown. I grew up here. Almost everything I ever did for the first time happened in Immerath”.

Another local resident, Norbert Winzen, whose family have farmed in the area for generations, has explained how he was not allowed to make significant changes to his home because of its heritage protection. Yet it now seems to be just a matter of time until the mining company that destroyed Immerath Cathedral today reaches his farm.

Last year Norman described the scene in front of his house:
Winzen wrote:“When I go out of my door, I see people from the mining company. Building pumps, cutting trees, closing houses. Keyenberg had 950 inhabitants, and now I think there are 50-70 who have gone. I think in two years there will be 400 left, and in four years – 20 left.”

“My mother has lived in this village for 73 years, and she always says: “I hope I’m going to die before this mining company really starts.”

LINK
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dohboi » Wed 17 Jan 2018, 13:51:28

German power sector: coal and nuclear down, renewables up in 2017

Since the first nuclear reactor was shut down in 2003 as a part of Germany’s nuclear phaseout, electricity from renewables has increased almost twice as much as nuclear power has shrunk.

Coal power – both from lignite and hard coal – has also dropped.

The lights have stayed on.

Power exports also set a record for the fifth year in a row, reaching 53 TWh. Net power exports provide space for dispatchable conventional power generators (coal, gas, and nuclear). Renewable electricity has priority dispatch on the German grid, meaning that clean power is consumed before conventional power. Wind and solar in particular react to the weather, not to demand, so foreign demand cannot increase these sources.

Gas was once again slightly up in 2017 but has grown by more than a quarter since 2013. Hard coal has fallen by just over a quarter during the same time frame...

https://energytransition.org/2018/01/ge ... p-in-2017/

So you can all calm down now and go back to what you were doing and drop this ridiculous thread. :-D :-D
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby M_B_S » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 02:13:36

@ dohboi

Our species optimum is CO2 < 300 ppm

Dr. Merkel must know it but she thinks she as "Kaiser from Germany " could ignore this fact.

As a ignorant she must go because she failed.

Merkel fools the whole world.

"Merkel Sie haben versagt, darum ist es Zeit zu gehen"

Der Kaiser is nackt!

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Mon 05 Mar 2018, 14:01:36

https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Staatssekre ... 21051.html

Staatssekretär Baake bittet um Entlassung
Die vereinbarten klimapolitischen Ziele in Koalitionsvertrag von Union und SPD sind für Wirtschaftsstaatssekretär Baake eine "herbe Enttäuschung". Daher soll der neue Wirtschaftsminister ihn feuern. Die Reaktion auf den Rückzug könnten unterschiedlicher nicht sein.
Merkels NEW "GREAT COALITION" the "Bankrott" of Germanys "Clean Energy" Politik

‘Mr Energiewende’ quits German government in protest at coalition deal
Published on 05/03/2018, 4:43pm
Germany’s new deal was a “bitter disappointment” for those looking for a modern climate and energy policy, said outgoing energy secretary Rainer Baake

http://www.climatechangenews.com/2018/0 ... tion-deal/

MERKEL FOOLS THE WHOLE WORLD

The bitter reality in Germany 2018

410 ppm CO2 ++ and 1850 ++ ppb CH4

Record high temperature @ North pole and record minimum ice

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Sun 20 May 2018, 03:04:10

+++Germanys CO2 Paris agreement budget exausted this sunday! +++

Merkels "Great Coal-lition" failed and failed and failed fooling the whole world with its dirty cars and coal fired power plants.

MERKEL MUST STEP DOWN to save our emission targets.

+++She is as not a climate leader indeed she is a CLIMATE CRIMINAL+++

Thats the ugly German Merkel truth

Source German RTL NEWS

https://www.rtl.de/cms/oeko-institut-ab ... 64604.html
M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby jawagord » Mon 21 May 2018, 13:09:20

M_B_S wrote:+++Germanys CO2 Paris agreement budget exausted this sunday! +++

Merkels "Great Coal-lition" failed and failed and failed fooling the whole world with its dirty cars and coal fired power plants.

MERKEL MUST STEP DOWN to save our emission targets.

+++She is as not a climate leader indeed she is a CLIMATE CRIMINAL+++
M_B_S

Only those that wanted to be fooled were fooled. Anyone with half a brain knew once the Germans committed to abandoning nuclear power they were also abandoning Kyoto, Bali, Copenhagan, Paris and whatever other commitments they had made to reducing greenhouse gases.
jawagord
Peat
Peat

Unread postby M_B_S » Mon 21 May 2018, 15:43:00

Correct but only if you switch to coal + gas.

The solutions are on the table we need leaders who choose them rulers no foolers.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 4208000959
This paper presents the methodology and results of the overall energy system analysis of a 100% renewable energy system. The input for the systems is the result of a project of the Danish Association of Engineers, in which 1600 participants during more than 40 seminars discussed and designed a model for the future energy system of Denmark. The energy system analysis methodology includes hour by hour computer simulations leading to the design of flexible energy systems with the ability to balance the electricity supply and demand. The results are detailed system designs and energy balances for two energy target years: year 2050 with 100% renewable energy from biomass and combinations of wind, wave and solar power; and year 2030 with 50% renewable energy, emphasising the first important steps on the way. The conclusion is that a 100% renewable energy supply based on domestic resources is physically possible, and that the first step towards 2030 is feasible to Danish society. However, Denmark will have to consider to which degree the country shall rely mostly on biomass resources, which will involve the reorganisation of the present use of farming areas, or mostly on wind power, which will involve a large share of hydrogen or similar energy carriers leading to certain inefficiencies in the system design....

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Mon 18 Jun 2018, 02:11:31

Germany on track to widely miss 2020 climate target - government

Among economic sectors, the power sector’s emissions reduction will be the largest “by far,” according to the report. Second comes industry, followed by private households and services. The transport sector is lagging behind, and will only achieve “minor emissions reductions” at best, warns the report.

Transport is the only sector in Germany that has not made any progress in reducing emissions at all since 1990, the reference year for emissions. Due to the slow roll-out of low-emission vehicles, the sector is highly unlikely to catch up quickly.

The OECD criticised in its report that Germany "lacks an overarching policy strategy" for transportation.

https://renewablesnow.com/news/germany- ... nt-616383/

Merkels "Great COAL - LITION" is fooling the whole world, now on track to a MAD MAX SIX DEGREES GW earth in 2100.

THATS THE UGLY TRUTH

PEAK OIL!

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Tue 19 Jun 2018, 01:37:06

Jaja .... " Die Kaiserin ist nackt!" and fooling the whole world!

M_B_S

More

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/intern ... 030_target

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ge-warning

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Karle » Wed 20 Jun 2018, 16:15:51

Maybe it is a bit warmer than usual since some weeks. But it is not bad, it is good. Everythings grows like mad, not like last year or 2013, when farmers were desperate because of snow until late April. So what is the problem? If there is climate change (which has always been) right now it is in or favour.
Karle
Peat
Peat

Unread postby energy investor » Wed 20 Jun 2018, 18:26:31

Hi Guys,

Why did Donald Trump terminate the Paris 2015 Accord commitments for USA?

You all assume he is mad. Well, I agree he is pretty loopy.

But if you took the time to research the information he was provided with, you would see him as the most rational and well informed of the world's leaders.

1. With all the BRICS and most of the emerging economies not signing up to any reduction, the USD100 billion p.a. contribution to them from those trying to reduce CO2 and CH4 emissions is bizarre and unnecessary.
2. With 90% of the world's population aspiring to enjoy the life style of the wealthy 10%, how rational is it to pursue CO2 emissions that prejudice the 10%'s prosperity? It is ridiculous to presume that atmospheric CO2 can be reduced by any abstinence of the 10%. (and that would be the case, even if the world's oceans were not already emitting more CO2 than humans!)
3. It is not competent to silence all opposition when the climate is again changing with massing polar ice (despite the crap about it reducing) and the temperature of the global atmosphere having reduced by 0.5 degrees since 2016 according to raw satellite data.
4. It isn't only Germany building new coal fired power plants but also Japan, who will build at least six and import US coal. China has indicated they may double their CO2 emissions by 2030 and India to treble their's during the same time-frame.
5. Those posting here to express aspirations to "save the world at someone else's expense" need to realise that the low EROEI of all solar and wind systems if rolled out to accommodate 100% of energy demand, would probably condemn nations to a reduction of between 20-50% of their current economic performance. Be realistic.... and before criticising this statement just look at how stupid Germany has been ditching nukes to meet a Merkel whim. They now have among the highest EU electrical energy costs.
6. The science on climate change is by no means settled, nor are renewable technologies either scalable enough or sophisticated enough to bear the energy demand load after the vilification of fossil fuels runs its course.
7. I caution you all to consider the fact that no-one has demonstrated that 0.04 of one percent actually can cause global warming (despite the hubris of declaring that anyone who disagrees with AGW is a "flat earth" lunatic). It is still an unproven theory! Not only is it as yet unproven, but it contradicts the abundant geological evidence of 2.5 million years of repeated Milankovich cycles of 90,000 years freeze and 10-12,000 years of thaw. Somehow we humans have cancelled out the next (and probably imminent) ice age? Where is the study of what caused ice ages to happen and how did cosmic rays and solar flux affect earthquakes, volcanism and the nucleation of clouds to cause extreme rain events? There are huge gaps of knowledge about causation. Yet the science is somehow settled? That is such crap even a child could point out the spurious holes in the logic.
7. I caution you to consider whether the advent of the eleven year solar cycles numbers 25, 26 and 27 will cause severe atmospheric cooling or not. The AGW alarmists and IPCC faux consensus is that at best the unfolding Eddy Grand Solar Minimum, which has already started with solar cycle 24, will be sidelined by human CO2 emissions. I wonder if anyone was so brash at the start of the various earlier Grand Solar Minima that occurred during the mini ice age - like the Maunder Minimum.

OK....I love the idea that renewables will eventually save the day because fossil fuels are finite. Also that is where my investments lie. I also hate the idea of an ice age because very few humans survived the last one. Because all our known history has unfolded since the last ice age ended, there are huge gaps in our knowledge.

But meantime, I find myself chuckling at the world's greatest fraud...AGW theory and the Peace Prizes for a railroad engineer and a has-been politician that these have conjured up.

But only retired guys like Prof. Freeman Dyson and I can afford that luxury. The rest get pilloried or fired for their candor.

https://youtu.be/BiKfWdXXfIs

Oh and BTW, next time you vilify that bozo Donald Trump about his decision on the Paris Accords, try researching what he knows that you do not. It is out there in cyber space if you really want to find it.

Otherwise continue in your delusions, after all they may be more pleasant than reality delivers.
energy investor
Wood
Wood

Unread postby M_B_S » Wed 20 Jun 2018, 21:04:32

Thanks for your opinion and long post.

But you are wrong on GW .

The signature of Mass Extinctions are written in the earth crust.
And CO2 was higher @ any Extinction Event we found so far.
http://www.johnenglander.net/co2-levels ... on-events/
So read the facts.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 21 Jun 2018, 02:29:13

Under a Green Sky: Global Warming, the Mass Extinctions of the Past, and What They Can Tell Us About Our Future
von Peter D. Ward

“A sobering and valuable perspective . . .” (Science)

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 22 Jun 2018, 04:01:08

Just so the point doesn't get buried in the large font and the rants:

in Germany
since 2013...Hard coal has fallen by just over a quarter...

(From the link above)

Not that they shouldn't have done even better, and globally we are certainly in trouble wrt not reducing fossil-death-fuel burning, but the recent history in Germany wrt coal use, particularly, is not quite as horrific as some seem to want to portray it.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 22 Jun 2018, 07:11:39

dohboi wrote:Just so the point doesn't get buried in the large font and the rants:

in Germany
since 2013...Hard coal has fallen by just over a quarter...

(From the link above)

Not that they shouldn't have done even better, and globally we are certainly in trouble wrt not reducing fossil-death-fuel burning, but the recent history in Germany wrt coal use, particularly, is not quite as horrific as some seem to want to portray it.

Considering that both Natural Gas and Soft Coal (aka Lignite aka Brown Coal) consumption increased in the same period I wouldn't be crowing so loudly.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby baha » Fri 22 Jun 2018, 07:32:00

Absolutely right Tanada.

The only reason they are burning soft coal is because they can't find anymore hard coal. Or maybe the mountain top is too big to remove :(

It's all so short sighted. My dad used to say 'Lignite burns a little better than a rock'. Talk about a waste of resources...
https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... ification/

What a boondoogle.
A Solar fuel spill is otherwise known as a sunny day!
The energy density of a tank of FF's doesn't matter if it's empty.
I will see your google and raise you an infinity!

https://monitoringpublic.solaredge.com/solaredge-web/p/kiosk?guid=19844186-d749-40d6-b848-191e899b37db
baha
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby baha » Fri 22 Jun 2018, 07:52:59

My dad grew up in Kemper county MS. My family still owns land there. This is where I walked barefoot down a dirt road with my cousins.

I remember squirrel hunting in a lush rain forest. Walking across creeks on huge fallen logs under a canopy of Live Oaks and Spanish Moss. Today it is a logged out disaster area with no topsoil. They were scraping up the red clay to get at the Lignite. We have lost so much...

This issue is personal to me.
A Solar fuel spill is otherwise known as a sunny day!
The energy density of a tank of FF's doesn't matter if it's empty.
I will see your google and raise you an infinity!

https://monitoringpublic.solaredge.com/solaredge-web/p/kiosk?guid=19844186-d749-40d6-b848-191e899b37db
baha
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate