Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Dow futures down 900 Election Night

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Dow futures down 900 Election Night

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Thu 10 Nov 2016, 00:30:53

Not a Liberal, Cog. I am an Autarkist.

Godwin's law is nonsense spread by those that fit the Nazi shoe.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Thu 10 Nov 2016, 10:41:12

We are going to see a re-ordering of things. The new regime may be able to hold up the economy, or maybe not.
All of us weirdos have been kicked out. All of us who aren't white, or straight or supporters of "liberal causes", like the environment are now outsiders. Let's see how it goes. Maybe that diversity was our strength.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Thu 10 Nov 2016, 13:04:28

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 10 Nov 2016, 13:17:59

Revi wrote:We are going to see a re-ordering of things. The new regime may be able to hold up the economy, or maybe not.
All of us weirdos have been kicked out. All of us who aren't white, or straight or supporters of "liberal causes", like the environment are now outsiders. Let's see how it goes. Maybe that diversity was our strength.

The more you act like the POTUS is the entirety of Capitol Hill, the less credibility you have.

Just because liberals often love to pretend like everyone different than them is racist, intolerant, etc. doesn't make it so -- not by a long stretch.

I actually didn't vote for Trump primarily because of his big mouth, and mainly about such subjects.

However, if he'll actually work with his cabinet and the rest of Capitol Hill, it doesn't take a lot of imagination to think he might do much better for the economy than another $9 trillion added to the national debt, a dramatically failed medical system being the highlight of his presidency, and an anemic enough economy that it seems European.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Pops » Thu 10 Nov 2016, 19:28:15

trumps tax break scheme alone adds $7T to the deficit
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Cog » Thu 10 Nov 2016, 23:18:46

Buy low, sell high.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Revi » Mon 14 Nov 2016, 13:12:58

Cog wrote:Image

Very funny! Where did you get that picture of me?
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Mon 14 Nov 2016, 13:46:30

hehe You look fine Revi. By the way, gave this advice in another thread. I'm not a broker or stock expert but I would take my profits right now if you are in the market. We aren't going much higher. Sit on the cash. A good buying opportunity will develop after the downturn. Which I expect very soon.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Mon 14 Nov 2016, 13:57:32

Thomas Friedman, New York Times reporter on the election of Donald Trump opines:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/opini ... inion&_r=0

But at the moment I am in anguish, frightened for my country and for our unity. And for the first time, I feel homeless in America

Thomas Friedman's house. Completed in 2003 on over seven acres of prime Bethesda, Maryland inside-the-D.C. Beltway real estate, and consisting of 10 baths and 11,420 square feet, the home's current tax value is in excess of $9 million.

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Pops » Mon 14 Nov 2016, 14:18:25

Consider the immediate effects of Trump’s victory. The Mexican peso has depreciated about 10 percent relative to the dollar over fears of new protectionist policies, and many other emerging market currencies have also fallen sharply. The impact of this change is to raise the cost of anything the U.S. exports to Mexico and to lower the cost of anything Mexico exports to the United States.

So there goes the first 10% of trumps unilateral 15%/150 day tariff power.
Ryan meanwhile has said there will be no tariffs passed by congress - just tax breaks for the wealthy.

Net effect right now? American workers lose... trump the wealthy win.
Did you expect different?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ge%2Fstory
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... publicans/
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Cog » Mon 14 Nov 2016, 14:31:50

pstarr wrote:Cog, I hope you are not posting the picture and the address (191) for your 'Patriot' friends? I'd hate to see a standoff aka Malheur in his driveway :(

Friedman is a douche. But irrelevant to the Dow debate. What with Trump in, and Orange Power and everything, you are rightfully feeling your oats heh? But still have to play by the rules. PO.com is not your personal liebestraum :x

I don't have to post it. A rather trivial search of his name and county, using the county assessors page will tell you all you want to know. My point in posting it is to show the hypocrisy involved by a lefty journalist. I have never doxxed anyone yet but I know people at 4chan that are happy to do so. A lot of good people at 4chan. But of course there are some outright evil people that you never want to piss off. Hillary found that out when they hacked the Podesta email account.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 14 Nov 2016, 17:11:33

"trumps tax break scheme alone adds $7T to the deficit". Well, if he stays in office long enough and depending on economic growth he might take the title from President Obama as the POTUS that has added more debt ($9 trillion) then any other president:

On January 20, 2009, when President Obama was sworn in, the debt was $10.626 trillion. Today it's $19.78 trillion.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Mon 14 Nov 2016, 17:44:28

So there is a chance Trump can beat him on adding to the deficit? Hooooooooooahhh. Lets do this.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Pops » Mon 14 Nov 2016, 18:04:06

yep it's been a long recovery from Bush, couple more years and O might've had it.

But hey, deficits don't matter, Other People's Money, "so what, we print it" "we'll just stiff em renegotiate" and other memorable lines
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Cog » Mon 14 Nov 2016, 19:19:37

Those are a lot of big blue bars.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance