Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 1

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 1

Unread postby M_B_S » Sat 27 May 2017, 13:50:13

Trump + Putin will be Heros when ISIS is totally defeated in Syria Iraq and Libya :idea:

This will save the day for Trump and Putin

The winner gets it all.

TRUMP Made America Great again....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLZxnSdivm8

American Army - Military March

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZqBFDxL97Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFOilBZvfeA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16fvvPaliVQ
M_B_S
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 28 May 2017, 17:45:32

I thought this was a decent and balanced article on Trumps recent visit.

Not all bad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mon ... 508ef964cc
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby sparky » Sun 28 May 2017, 19:47:21

since the Brexit of the most Atlanticist European , the old idea of an European army is back on the table
there is already several joint assets and command structure
to have an independent military means having a military industrial complex
the armor and guns are well covered so is the fighting vehicles and the aeronautic
missiles production has good local suppliers
the industrial base is large enough to develop pretty much anything
it need its own heavy transport ( the A 400 being such a dud )

This is the ultimate threat to US interest , its protection is not needed
sparky
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 28 May 2017, 19:58:41

sparky wrote:.
the old idea of an European army is back on the table....This is the ultimate threat to US interest , its protection is not needed

Most EU countries dodge paying their fair share towards NATO---a military alliance where the vast majority of the burden is paid by the USA. Do you really think EU countries are going to suddenly change their behavior and pay up even more towards an EU army?

Dream on.......

"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Mon 29 May 2017, 04:04:52

A little reality here. The EU has been, for the last few years, moving closer to both China and Russia. They are uninterested in additional sanctions on Russia, but instead, want broader economic ties.

It is the US that has been pushing sanctions, and it's puppets in Poland and Latvia.

Merkel herself, in a speech after Trump's visit, said the EU must go it's own way, including greater cooperation with Russia.

Most of Europe have been reluctant members of NATO, recognizing the new political realities and economic opportunities, and it has been traditionally the US that has strong-armed their participation.

Trump's failure to appoint hundreds of key positions in the government has resulted in contradictory positions, almost a two-headedness, with regards to NATO and Europe.

Trump wants greater cooperation with Russia, and to reduce our commitment to NATO. Almost 180 degrees from the former US position, but like a large ship, it takes a while to turn, and much of US policy continues as before, sending mixed messages.

There will be no EU army. With Brexit, other member nations will also seek to withdraw, and the EU is on it's deathbed. Germany, the primary beneficiary of the EU, is the main force behind it's continuance. They will not be able to hold it together by themselves.

With no clear mission, and an unclear commitment from the US, NATO is probably on it's way out as well.

Within the Republican party in the US, the forces of isolationism do battle with the desire for global dominance, not recognizing they can't have both.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby M_B_S » Mon 29 May 2017, 05:10:09

@ cid

Germany is military weak thats the reason while the Islamic State Terrorists and Tyrants are attacking us here using our achilles heel ASYL as a Trojan horse to get there fighters in place for the day X

A military weak empire here the EU will be attacked sooner ore later by hungry barbarians and will be destroyed.

Trump is totally right we must do more because the storm is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5EB6awrS1k

Our all enemy stands in the south and are islamic fanatics like The Islamic State + Al-Qaida

M_B_S
M_B_S
Fission
Fission

Unread postby dissident » Mon 29 May 2017, 05:41:03

M_B_S wrote:@ cid

Germany is military weak thats the reason while the Islamic State Terrorists and Tyrants are attacking us here using our achilles heel ASYL as a Trojan horse to get there fighters in place for the day X

A military weak empire here the EU will be attacked sooner ore later by hungry barbarians and will be destroyed.

Trump is totally right we must do more because the storm is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5EB6awrS1k

Our all enemy stands in the south and are islamic fanatics like The Islamic State + Al-Qaida

M_B_S

The EU leaders are brain rotted with political correctness. They cannot even admit that the import of over a million mostly Islamic migrants over a 1.5 year period is well beyond the absorption capacity of the EU (since the migrants are not spread out over the whole of the EU but concentrate in some major cities in Germany and France). Instead of regulating this flow, they prefer to pretend that the resulting domestic crime isn't happening. These leaders cannot lead and are enabling the collapse of the EU.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 29 May 2017, 07:23:51

CID,

IIRC correctly much of what you describe above is in line with a German Army paper on peak oil of some 3 or 4 years ago. In that there was recognition that Germany would need to realign itself look to less traditional trading partners. That's difficult to do in a monolithic EU.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Revi » Thu 01 Jun 2017, 07:13:24

I guess the latest is that Trump has pulled us out of the Paris Climate Agreement. Great... How is this going to help us with any kind of international agreements in the future?

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-enviro ... would-mean
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:18:27

The announcement on whether he is pulling us out of the Paris Accords is not until 3:00 pm Eastern. Are you a time traveler or wizard?
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Revi » Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:42:52

Maybe both. I know that it's at 3pm. It will be entertaining. He is supposed to announce it then. We'll see...
Revi
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 01 Jun 2017, 13:07:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OOlh9pFerk

President Elect Trump Home Visit Invitation - Renewable Energy Net Zero House

President Trump did you here the voice of your people?!

M_B_S
M_B_S
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 01 Jun 2017, 13:09:58

Personally I hope Trump stays in the Paris Accords, but changes the US commitment so it is the same as China's commitment---i.e. commit to massive increases in CO2 emissions.

This will more effectively show what a farce the Paris Accords are then pulling out.

Cheers!

"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 01 Jun 2017, 14:41:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLdA1ikkoEc

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quot ... 09213.html :idea: :arrow:

Just DO IT :idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCnBioaUUuY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa8mhQT1tLA
M_B_S
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Revi » Fri 02 Jun 2017, 08:40:09

He did it! I suppose it's not surprising.

Here's the reason he did it, according to Politico:

http://www.politico.eu/article/why-trum ... -of-paris/
Revi
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Fri 02 Jun 2017, 09:36:44

Why don't you just watch his speech where he explains why he did it? He lays it out in gory detail. Why must you filter everything through a news agency with an agenda?

Get over it, your girl lost the election. Revi can move to any country that wants to hold to the Paris accords any time he wishes. Go do that Revi.

I guess I have to do everything. Here is Trump and his reasons unfiltered through a hostile source that Revi linked to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djATp3AoUxI
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Subjectivist » Fri 02 Jun 2017, 10:15:10

Revi wrote:He did it! I suppose it's not surprising.

Here's the reason he did it, according to Politico:

http://www.politico.eu/article/why-trum ... -of-paris/

Reads like a pure Obama apologist looking for a chance to slam the people dispelling Obama's legacy. The author even admits the agreement was useless in working on climate change because it was all voluntary. The only real change yesterday was one more blow to the globalist vision of the future.
Last edited by Tanada on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 10:45:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed typo on trequest
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 02 Jun 2017, 12:11:02

I know that Trump made campaign promises, and probably feels obligated to fulfill them. Personally I believe that many of the promises he fulfills in the fiirst year will be the ones that are not viable, or that Congress will reject. He then can blame the Democrats when he begins his next campaign, only two years after that.

Many of the things he is doing do not strike me as wise. I do not care about Russia very much. They are, if not a failed state, one that has yet to succeed, and half the size of the US economy. Russia has literally been through Hell, first with WW2, then with a Marxist regime. (For those ignorant of current events, Russia and not the Allies broke the Third Reich.) I can even see where Putin would try to jam our government and media gears rather than see anything remotely like a threat to Russia. Yes, Putin is shifty and paranoid but he has good reason to be. Trump isn’t doing anything wrong with Russia that I can see….yet.

The EU is more of a threat to our economy, as is China. Germany is the economic heart of the EU, but Merkel is effectively destroying their economy with excessive PC, and will regret the Muslim immigrants. Unfortunately, the Germans are among the most racist people on Earth, in spite of the more civilized veneer. A Fourth Reich is not impossible in the backlash against Merkel's failed policies.

I believe that Trump is completely wrong about Protectionist trade policies. Free trade was one of the best ideas anybody ever had, and is an incredibly successful way to spread well-being. I do not believe that we can improve our already most favored country status by harming other countries. Automation is what is killing most jobs, and they are never coming back.

I don’t like Mr. Trump’s tax plan. Why would we even think of cutting taxes on the rich when we have an immense deficit and so much catchup spending on defense to do?

Speaking of defense, North Korea is another matter. There is no excuse at all for not building and deploying an ABM system. It’s job one. We should partner with Japan, and protect them. Then we should build an ABM system around these 50 US states and territories. Perhaps a space-based system that can kill both ballistic missiles and cruise missiles.

And I’m not sure about immigration. This just is too complex for me. I don’t want America to change who we are. I love who we are. I don’t want us to be El Salvador or Guatemala. Tighter border security makes life or death sense.

Trump has much to do to undo the damage caused by the Democrats. But we have a mass media overflowing with hatred of him. THAT is un-American, and does not serve the interests of the USA.

I do know this. I live in the best country in the world. Free speech is rapidly disappearing, buried by The New Totalitarianism known as political correctness. But we still have a good chunk of it left and I am grabbing onto it with both hands.

We have prosperity. I can eat anything I want. I can go anywhere I want, driving anything I want. I have air conditioning, greatest invention of all time. I have a wife and a daughter and two wonderful Grandkids. I even get to tongue lash a bunch of unclear thinkers on the Peak Oil Forums, in a genteel way.

I am content. I hope you too can have the proper perspective to appreciate your most favored position on this planet.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Fri 02 Jun 2017, 12:29:08

I'm glad for two things. First that Hillary is not president. Second, that KJ never will be.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 02 Jun 2017, 12:34:30

Cog wrote:I'm glad for two things. First that Hillary is not president. Second, that KJ never will be.

That almost borders on an ad hominem, Cog. How about instead of knocking me personally, you comment on what I said?
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Fission
Fission

PreviousNext

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics