Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Canadians start "tell America it's great" campaign

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Canadians start "tell America it's great" campaign

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 18 Oct 2016, 11:22:55

Tell America It's Great
https://youtu.be/stGhjokq57U

The United States’ good ol’ neighbor to the North is providing the land of the free with much-needed virtual hugs this election season.

Canadians across the internet have chimed in on the #TellAmericaItsGreat movement ― the most Canadian social media campaign ever ― which appears to be a riff off of Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan.

“As their closest friends and neighbors, we thought it was important for us to do something to cut through the negativity and help remind them that no matter how bad things might seem, there are a lot of reasons to believe that America is still pretty great,” the agency, that also released a video about the campaign, wrote in a blog.

People tweeted and even recorded videos to show their support, because that’s what good neighbors do.

Some Canadians praised the U.S. for all the cool stuff the country has to offer.

@staygr8america Any society that created Star Trek and Firefly, is great in my books. #TellAmericaItsGreat

Your arts & culture, your optimism & hope, your diversity & ideals - all brilliant. Plus you have @FLOTUS #TellAmericaItsGreat

Others highlighted some standout U.S. accomplishments. And yeah, we should be proud:

You've virtually eradicated Polio, one of the most virulent diseases ever. Don't let anyone tell you you aren't great #tellamericaitsgreat

You created the Internet, Rock n Roll, and took a trip to the moon. Come on America--You're already great! #TellAmericaItsGreat

Your declaration of independence is one of the most beautiful documents ever written. #tellamericaitsgreat

Dear neighbours, just wanna #TellAmericaItsGreat, regardless of what some leathery orange stooge with a Pomeranian on his head says.

With an outpouring of love coming from the Great White North, Americans even joined the hashtag, expressing their gratitude for the much-needed words of encouragement.

You Canadians are just so freaking NICE. :) Thank you! It's been a little rough down here. #TellAmericaItsGreat
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tell-america-its-great-election-2016_us_5804e415e4b0162c043cfe28?

Leave it to a Canadian ad campaign to deliver the most inspiring message of this U.S. election

Oh, Canada. You’re making us blush.

Our ever-friendly neighbors to the north have watched from afar a U.S. election cycle that has broken all norms for civility. It’s created tremendous stress and surfaced deep tensions within our society.

For many, it’s been disheartening and demoralizing to watch. But Canadians are here to offer a sympathetic message to lift Americans’ spirits.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2016/10/17/leave-it-to-canada-to-remind-america-that-its-still-a-great-country/

There's also another twitter hashtag, to thank Canada.. #TellCanadaThanks and #ThankYouCanada.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Canadians start "tell America it's great" campaign

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Tue 18 Oct 2016, 12:28:47

I don't understand why Canadians would need to do this. The US truly is the "Land of Opportunity" if someone like Trump can win a nomination for President.
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby dbruning » Tue 18 Oct 2016, 17:49:35

I actually like it. Elections in general, and this US election in particular, has a lot of negativity being thrown around.

If Canada, and anyone else so inclined, wants to remind people in the US that they have a lot of good things to be proud of, to strive for, I'm all for it:

Hey America, over in Oregon you have some of the nicest, kindest, best family members it is my pleasure to have in my life.

Keep making more people like them :)

#TellAmericaItsGreat
dbruning
Coal
Coal

Unread postby dissident » Tue 18 Oct 2016, 19:27:28

Disgusting suckups. Maybe they should volunteer to fight together with al-Nusra as well.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dbruning » Wed 19 Oct 2016, 13:37:09

Such venom. Such anger. The world could use less of it, don't you agree?

I don't think the US is perfect. Far from it. But everyplace has it's problems.

And when are people more likely to work towards a better future - when they feel positive and hopeful, or when they feel like you do?

Just a question.
dbruning
Coal
Coal

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics