Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Boomers vs. Millenials

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Boomers vs. Millenials

Unread postby Pennzoil bill » Mon 31 Jul 2017, 01:13:04

Gen y speaking up and what really suck is that we asked why and the result was to be converted into a millennial or called a dinosaur in your late 20s early 30s. At 37, I'm enjoying my retirement and maybe one day, after tshtf I'll use my college education and start a school, until then, I fix jeeps, real jeeps like xj, zj, and if we can ever get this damn mj going.
Pennzoil bill
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 31 Jul 2017, 14:12:35

Pennzoil bill wrote:Gen y speaking up and what really suck is that we asked why and the result was to be converted into a millennial or called a dinosaur in your late 20s early 30s. At 37, I'm enjoying my retirement and maybe one day, after tshtf I'll use my college education and start a school, until then, I fix jeeps, real jeeps like xj, zj, and if we can ever get this damn mj going.

37 and using the word retirement. Kudos! (You make me look like a piker/idiot for not getting out until age 48, and I considered that success (for me)).

So is this retirement getting out of the corporate (or just hated) 9-5? Or is it getting to do what you want (i.e. fixing real jeeps) for your income, instead of having to answer to "the man"?

Just curious, as the words retirement and 37 are very rare when used together in the US, unless it's along with some investment hype scheme in some financial channel "article" (or making assumptions about income and expenses (like medical) that aren't what my scaredy-cat butt would consider a "secure" retirement).

Again, congrats -- whatever your definition of successful retirement might be.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby ralfy » Tue 01 Aug 2017, 19:34:47

An American dream based primarily on consumerism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... onsumerism

now confronting limits to growth.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous