Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

BOLO listing

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

BOLO listing

Unread postby Whitefang » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 15:42:22

Once a while they and them come up with amazing stuff, a surprise act like BOLO:

http://www.justiceonline.org/our-work/ray-mcgovern.html :oops:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/ray-mcgover ... n-nyc.html

He is 72 years old, typo.......

Wanted on the lookout.
Whitefang
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: BOLO listing

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 15:50:44

Thanks. Had seen nothing about this situation. Probably would have gotten a lot more MSM coverage had it been a Republican administration. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby GHung » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 17:01:56

Actually, Rock, it was the progressive (ultra-liberal?) Democracy Now! on Free Speech TV who I first saw cover this shortly after it occurred. I don't recall any of the corporate MSM devoting any time to it. See it here:

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/2/18/e ... ern_beaten

This week, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave a major address calling for internet freedom around the world. As Clinton condemned the Egyptian and Iranian governments for arresting and beating protesters, former U.S. Army and CIA officer Ray McGovern was violently ejected from the audience and arrested after he stood up and turned his back in a silent protest of America’s foreign policy. Ray McGovern joins us from Washington, D.C. [includes rush transcript]

Yeah,, LOL 8O
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 23:29:37

Ghung - That doesn't surprise me. While the far right and far left are light years apart both defiantly claim to be defenders of free search. They might not like the views the other side tosses out but the honorable of both wings will defend that right.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sun 02 Nov 2014, 16:40:16

Ray McGovern on His Arrest and What he Wanted to Ask and Say to General Petraeus
11/2/2014
Ray: I was up in the New York City teaching a course at Fordham University and at Manhattan College. Yesterday October 30th and I heard as I was planning my lesson plans so to speak, that the General Petraeus was going to be speaking at the 92nd Street Y, which is a feature of Manhattan, and so I thought, "damn I need to get to that lecture and I can because these classes are over before 7:30".
Ray: No...it hasn't. This is kind of doing and the back story here is also interesting Rob because I didn't buy the ticket by myself. I was little afraid, with all these capabilities that the Government has, that they would find out that I was coming and do something to prevent me from entering. So I had some of friends buy the ticket, so we were sitting, a couple of us together, and guess what-- none my friends get in either. Now how did they know?
Ray: I was, it's not all that complicated. Earlier this week, namely on Monday, I had a bad fall and I landed on two places one my left shoulder the other on my left eyebrow, eight stitches in left eyebrow and a really, really bruised rotator cuff on my left shoulder. Now that was Monday so I am still nursing this sort of thing and carrying this backpack all on my right shoulder and so when they said "look McGovern Ray you're not welcome here. We are turning down your ticket, we'll give your 50 bucks back but you can't come in", then I remonstrated with them, I said "wait a second. iIt doesn't say anywhere my ticket you have the power to do that". So they called the cops and the cops grabbed me and you know the traditional thing is to put your hands behind your back and put a set of handcuffs on you. And that's what they tried to do. I don't know if your bruised your wrists-- it was excruciatingly painful, they try to get your left arm behind your back to meet your right arm and put on one set of handcuffs, so I screamed, because it was excruciating pain and what they ended up doing was stringing a couple of sets of handcuffs so that they could still immobilize me by joining my left wrist to my right, but only with the help of several sets of handcuffs-- so that's how bad I was I got blood all over the back of my pants of course from lacerations. It was really" the final thing here is that I have been accused of resisting arrest, just for shouting "hey my shoulder really hurts would you lay off".

Rob: So did they charge you with resisting arrest.

Ray: Yes, they postponed the trial to whatever is going to happen.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics