Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

As Good as It Gets

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

As Good as It Gets

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 13 Oct 2017, 23:37:20

It’s easy to get lulled into complacency by synchronized global growth, easy financial conditions and super-low economic and financial market volatility. Yet, while the current macro environment and outlook appear better than many of the younger market participants can remember, the last time a similar combination prevailed was in 2006 – and that didn’t end well. Eleven years on, we don’t think another major financial crisis is likely over our cyclical horizon spanning the next six to 12 months. However, then as now, when the macroeconomic environment is as good as it gets and valuations are tight, it is time to emphasize caution, capital preservation and diversified sources of carry away from the crowded trades. Note: you just read our main high-level investment conclusion based on vigorous internal discussions at our September Cyclical Forum. Here’s more on the debate and the ..

"As good as it gets"
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: As Good as It Gets

Unread postby Cog » Sat 14 Oct 2017, 07:27:34

I see things more bullish if a capital gains tax cut can be obtained.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Return to Economics & Finance