Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

An excellent top level explanation of oil reserves/financial

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

An excellent top level explanation of oil reserves/financial

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 10:31:33

With all the nonsense being put out by the amateurs on what reserves are, or are not, I thought a reasonable (and in this case current) explanation of what they are, or are not, is justified.

https://rbnenergy.com/gimme-some-truth-what-reported-oil-and-gas-reserves-reveal-and-what-they-dont
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: An excellent top level explanation of oil reserves/finan

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 10:59:43

here is a link to the reserve definition chapter from the Canadian COGEH (Canadian Oil & Gas Evaluation Handbook). It is from the first addition which was updated a few years ago with further guidelines with respect to unconventional reservoirs. This is likely one of the best detailed explanations out there. COGEH is used by all Canadian oil and gas evaluators in order to avoid falling at odds with financial instrument 51-101 which involves reporting of reserves and production to TSE. It's a three volume set and not cheap but can be purchased through the SPE site.

http://digitaldfw.com/cgaus/cogeh.pdf
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby coffeeguyzz » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 12:26:03

That RBN post is a must read for any serious student in these hydrocarbon affairs to 'get' some of the factors in so many wildly divergent projections.

Thanks for the link.
coffeeguyzz
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 15:51:39

All 3 of you guys are such ass clowns! LOL. Why are you trying to confuse folks with all these facts. Opinions on such matters here are set in concrete and have been well rehearsed as well as blindly parroted by many.

You should really stop wasting space. If many here really wanted the FACTS they were quit capable of finding them on the web themselves.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby coffeeguyzz » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:04:58

Ackshully, RM, the above mentioned facts have been tested and found to be compatible with thermodynamics so ... all's good.
coffeeguyzz
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:47:56

ROCKMAN wrote:All 3 of you guys are such ass clowns! LOL. Why are you trying to confuse folks with all these facts.

There is hope eternal that one day, light will don on yonder zealot, and suddenly the urge will strike them...to learn. A near impossible dream I understand, but hope..it is eternal.

Rockman wrote: Opinions on such matters here are set in concrete and have been well rehearsed as well as blindly parroted by many.

You sound jaded Rockman. You need a break from po.com. Go to church, memorize some psalms, forget everything you know about the oil field, get drunk, hit yourself in the head with a brick a few times, and then you to will have achieved the serenity and intellectual capability to come back, and participate as a TRUE peak oiler.

Rockman wrote:
You should really stop wasting space. If many here really wanted the FACTS they were quit capable of finding them on the web themselves.

One little problem...they miss whatever gene it is that allows learning and stuff.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 29 Jul 2017, 12:44:21

Adam - Not jaded at all. The Rockman just agrees with the great Texas comedian, Ron White: "You can't fix stupid." LOL.

It's like trying to teach a pig to roller skate: it just pisses the pig off and frustrates the sh*t out of you. LOL
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 29 Jul 2017, 12:51:45

And coffee - Again with the "proof" bullsh*t". LOL It's like religion: you can try to offer all the proof you want that God doesn't exist. But for those with true faith in their beliefs about any subject matter on this site your so called proof doesn't matter: they believe what they believe. Or at least believe what true and faithful believers tell them.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Return to Peak Oil Discussion