Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

All Syrian men fleeing Syria are Chickens!

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: All Syrian men fleeing Syria are Chickens!

Unread postby Cog » Sun 01 Nov 2015, 18:28:00

I don't think the Russians really want to do that. Accidents are apt to happen on both sides. Be a shame if more Russian airplanes fell out of the sky.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sun 01 Nov 2015, 18:36:08

Cog, as much fun as blowed up Sukhoi's would be, the cost to kill one of their jets inside their air defense bubble would be very, very high. Hopefully no special forces guys gets sploded, but I doubt Russia will be trying to avoid them specifically. If they do, I doubt there will be any significant response other than maybe some whining from Obama.

Now, manpad shots could be fun, but the jets seem to be bombing from very high altitude using precision munitions, so other than some pot shots at helicopters, probably not really very useful.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby GregT » Mon 02 Nov 2015, 02:41:05

dissident wrote:If this is the smarmy plan of the US, then Russia should let the bombs fall on their targets anyway. Then Washington can wail and screech and justify why its special forces were loitering near targets that the US was never going to bomb anyway. In Washington's favourite excuse terms they will be collateral damage. If Washington does not care to coordinate the attack on ISIS and its Salafi allies then it should stay out of the way.

The puppet masters pulling the strings in DC are just pouting because Russia has regained it's footing after they collapsed the USSR. That and their little pipeline plan is being thwarted once again. They're just itching to come up with a good enough excuse to put more US cannon fodder in harms way. I wonder which PR firm they've hired this time?
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 02 Nov 2015, 05:29:07

Exactly and even more than regained its footing is actively and intentionally opposing the US. How dare they!
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby AgentR11 » Mon 02 Nov 2015, 09:51:44

Our guys, being all Western and democratic in Syria...
https://t.co/mHeigi8cit

There are no good guys fighting in Syria, and the closest thing to a civilized group in Syria right now, are the ones we hate the most.... Russia.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Tue 03 Nov 2015, 10:45:00

Here's an interesting article from Oil Price talking about what is going on with Syria:

http://oil-price.net/en/articles/oil-pr ... il-war.php

It's easy to have an opinion about people when you are safely away from a war. Harder to tell what to do when you are in the middle of it.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dissident » Wed 04 Nov 2015, 19:36:14

http://en.abna24.com/service/middle-eas ... story.html

Iraqi, Turkish businessmen ‘directly involved’ in funding $2B to ISIS by buying oil

Some Turkish and Iraqi businessmen have been involved in financing the Daesh terrorist group by buying oil from it in the black market, a senior Turkish politician says.

“There is information that 27 Turkish and Iraqi businessmen are directly involved in this trade. Iraq's central government has taken a number of measures” to prevent it, Russia's Sputnik news agency quoted Mehmet Ali Ediboğlu, the former deputy of the Turkish opposition Republican People's Party (CHP), as saying on Monday.

Ediboğlu added that the businessmen include people close to Iraq’s Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG).

Back in 2014, David Cohen, the then US Treasury under-secretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, said middlemen from Turkey and the KRG purchased oil from Daesh terrorists.

According to Ediboğlu, Daesh’s main source of income is the sale of oil extracted from the fields it has captured since last year. Reports say the Takfiris control nearly a dozen oil fields in northern Iraq as well as Syria’s Raqqa province.

The oil is transferred to the Mediterranean Sea from Turkey and then transported to the other parts of the world, the former Turkish lawmaker noted.

“There is evidence that the oil revenues amounted to USD 800 million [per year], later this amount increased to 1-2 billion dollars,” he said.

Where are the sanctions? How is NATO member Turkey allowed to engage in this sort of activity?
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 04 Nov 2015, 23:02:06

The whole web of lies is beyond absurd, like the morons in charge have forgotten that they should at least try to make sense.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby dissident » Thu 05 Nov 2015, 22:01:59

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/ ... 5?irpc=932

[b]Exclusive: Chemical weapons used by rebels in Syria - sources[b]

Chemical weapons experts have determined that mustard gas was used in a Syrian town where Islamic State insurgents were battling another rebel group, according to a report by an international watchdog seen by Reuters.

I wonder why they are not blaming Assad for this like they did in the case of Ghouta. Perhaps such propaganda BS is not going to yield any regime change returns. Anyway, the "rebels" are scum and their backers are scumbags.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Thu 05 Nov 2015, 22:12:40

SeaGypsy wrote:The whole web of lies is beyond absurd, like the morons in charge have forgotten that they should at least try to make sense.

I blame 50 years of "child-centered learning". There has been a creeping degradation of the education system in Canada and the USA which has produced a generation of idiots. That may sound harsh, but from my interaction of university professors, high school and primary school teachers it is clear that the expectation by the students is that they do not have to do any work and have a right to pass courses just by attending. University students demand to know the exact questions on the final exam and the thought that is basically cheating does not even cross their minds. If a primary school teacher wants to fail some student, that is no longer allowed. The fragile egos of darling little children need to be protected at all costs. This pandering to the egos of children creates broken adults who have entitlement complexes and are under-educated. The idea that children need to learn that life is about work and not just fun and play is no longer politically correct. In a perverse sort of way, computers are enabling this idiocy to propagate. Point and click has replaced solving math problems with pencil and paper, essays can be generated via the internet, etc.

The elites are dumbing down together with the proles. This is extremely dangerous since decision makers are drinking their own propaganda koolaid.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 05 Nov 2015, 22:58:35

I don't think Aussie is a whole lot removed from that Diss, maybe about a 10-15 year lag, but headed in that direction. Seemingly as a matter of course to towing the NATO nonsense, MSM grows more pathetic & the response is apathy & or confusion. Open letters columns in intelligent media fill up with incredulous posts pointing to the farce, repeatedly & directly, & are ignored, not shifting editorial focus away from the total bullshit hoodoo of the NATO/ MIC agenda. Really truly pathetic.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby M_B_S » Mon 09 Nov 2015, 05:27:21

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian-k ... -1.2642528

Canadian killed in Syria fighting ISIS

Look "Chickens" here died a real men for YOU!

You have a warm ass fleeing like Chickens your homeland?!

Shame on You!

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Tue 10 Nov 2015, 03:19:53

To be clear not ALL Syrian men are Chicken there are still real men there fighting TYRANNY

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian-k ... -1.2642528

CTV News Channel: 'He was like my brother'

Kurdish fighter and friend of John Gallagher Mohamad Hameed discusses fighting alongside the Canadian.
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:31:48

diss... haha, tis why I sent mine to a private school; they had zero inhibition about failing kids and/or recommending a child go somewhere else for their education. Eight glorious years of her having to bust her tail just to keep passing grades. It was awesome. Public high school was a let down though; needed it for large group activities (where private schools fail), but sheesh, she's now an academic lump and getting A's. Grrrrrr, I want that terrified look back! lol.

M_B_S... The Kurds are fighting for the creation of Kurdistan; absolutely nothing less. They will destroy Syria, destroy FSA, or whatever new acronym we give our Al Qaeada fighters; in order to achieve it. The moment Assad realizes he can net an instant ally by recognizing an Independent Kurdistan; the Kurdish guy fighting alongside that Canadian will shoot that Canadian in the back, take his stuff, and call it justice.

You can not boil Syria down to pro and anti Assad forces; each and every one of the players involved have massive, incompatible strategic objectives; its why a Damascus led authoritarian, secular quasi-democracy worked for as long as it did.

In other news... SAA just linked up with Kuweyres; the airbase your guys had under siege. Another logistics catastrophe for FSA/Nursa/AlQaeda/HeadChoppersInc. If SAA secures Kuweyres, they'll be perfectly set to expand the Russian A2/AD bubble across all of Northern Syria, and FSA will be lucky to be able to make a walky-talky work.

Oh, and the Syrian Express is still running flat-out, if yall don't get in Tartus and Latakia soon, your forces will be logistically overwhelmed.

You can not defeat SAA if Tartus is receiving shipping from Novosybirskyovikokakolakov.

It is not possible.

Not all the "real man" bravery and patriotism in the world can stop the impact of several container ships, LSTs, tankers, and front loaders, being able to freely unload cargo for your enemy at their base.

And considering that any rational analysis would conclude that FSA will never be able to take Tartus, I think it also rational that any sane human able to escape from FSA,etc would be wise in doing so. It is the losing side in a fight where losing means being captured and decapitated after being tortured for a good bit.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Thu 12 Nov 2015, 10:48:40

OMG

Russia has deployed S400 to Latakia.

We now have the cutting edge of everything of the greatest military powers on Earth, fighting within walking distance of the plains of Megiddo. That'll creep out some Southern Baptist hell'n'brimstone preachers if they figure it out. lol.

And yes, that means if the F15's in Turkey fly anywhere near Tartus/Latakia, they do so only because the Russians are OK with it. Only the F22 has any chance of survival inside that bubble now; and even then, I'd put it at kinda marginal.

That's an interesting, unexpected response to the airliner bombing (if it was a bombing).

I still think Russia needs to demonstrate a willingness to USE a nuclear weapon. I think far to many people in the West buy this Hollywood narrative that if the Kremlin gave the order, that Russian troops would find some moral objection to obeying, and refuse to fire the weapon. Whereas my opinion is that the ones who've joined that force, have done so precisely so that they get to be the ones to use those weapons; and are simply anxiously awaiting permission. (though, they'd never admit to such a thing of course).

That's honestly a flat out, gauntlet on the ground, "if you want to dance, we'll dance". S400 has no other purpose.

Anyone got quick instructions for building a nuclear bomb shelter? lol
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Lore » Thu 12 Nov 2015, 10:51:49

Look at the positive side, you won't have to worry about Peak Oil, or Climate Change any longer, or the Internet for that matter.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Revi » Thu 12 Nov 2015, 11:01:02

Syria is just one of the places that people are fleeing. People are headed out of Somalia, Sudan and Afghanistan to name a few. We are seeing the beginning of movement out of many places looking towards Europe. We are not going to see it let up any time soon. I visited a refugee camp in the 80's and saw what it was like. The people lived in little armed camps controlled by the military. People came from a lot of cultures and were all lumped together. The places they were from were places that they had lived in for thousands of years. Now they were expected to re-inhabit these strategic villages. I would like to know what happened to them.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 12 Nov 2015, 11:47:44

AgentR11 wrote:OMG

Russia has deployed S400 to Latakia.

We now have the cutting edge of everything of the greatest military powers on Earth, fighting within walking distance of the plains of Megiddo. That'll creep out some Southern Baptist hell'n'brimstone preachers if they figure it out. lol.

And yes, that means if the F15's in Turkey fly anywhere near Tartus/Latakia, they do so only because the Russians are OK with it. Only the F22 has any chance of survival inside that bubble now; and even then, I'd put it at kinda marginal.

That's an interesting, unexpected response to the airliner bombing (if it was a bombing).

I still think Russia needs to demonstrate a willingness to USE a nuclear weapon. I think far to many people in the West buy this Hollywood narrative that if the Kremlin gave the order, that Russian troops would find some moral objection to obeying, and refuse to fire the weapon. Whereas my opinion is that the ones who've joined that force, have done so precisely so that they get to be the ones to use those weapons; and are simply anxiously awaiting permission. (though, they'd never admit to such a thing of course).

That's honestly a flat out, gauntlet on the ground, "if you want to dance, we'll dance". S400 has no other purpose.

Anyone got quick instructions for building a nuclear bomb shelter? lol

nuclear-war-survival-skills-free-online-book-t44127.html
http://www.ready.gov/nuclear-blast

If you want to really discuss it I suggest moving over to the nuclear war thread,

revising-us-nuclear-first-strike-as-winnable-t44396.html
nuclear-war-as-geoengineering-overpopulation-cure-t68679.html
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby GASMON » Thu 12 Nov 2015, 13:27:21

Daily news on the European "Invasion"

Also click on the North America link.

http://newobserveronline.com/category/europe/

Interesting & frightening.

Gas
The truth is sometimes incorrect
GASMON
Prognosticator
Prognosticator

Unread postby Ibon » Tue 24 Nov 2015, 07:53:25

I was thinking about the recent idea SG mentioned on another thread about keeping the refugees in camps in the region, fighting ISIS, and then rebuilding the country.

One would assume that Syrian citizens, oppressed first by a dictator and then by ISIS, would be lining up to join any coalition that would help rebuild their nation. This would seem logical. MBS started this thread claiming Syrian men are chickens.

Here is the challenge as I see it. When you are a citizen of a country that has dictators, henchmen, tribal fractions, sectarian hatred, oligarchies, Imam's that can order your hand chopped off, you become socialized to fear any and all authority. You are powerless. You become conditioned to keep a low profile and tow the line without exposing yourself. This becomes your survival strategy.

Let's take an extreme example. Just for fun imagine if China tomorrow would kill the leader of North Korea. Do you think the North Korean citizens would suddenly rise and cheer and start building up their nation and feel a viel of oppression being lifted? No they wouldn't. They would be utterly confused, lost, paralyzed, dumbfounded. And yet western countries always have this narrative in their minds that oppressed people only need to be relieved of their oppressor to rise and take charge of their own destiny.

This is the main problem in the ME region. All citizens have had to negotiate since generations with dictators and religious leaders who have had absolute control and power. Why do we never see in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya any real effective pulling together of an empowered citizenry. Egypt maybe was closest but the military came in quickly to regain control and that Arab spring movement was quickly psychology squashed.

It is not only the sectarian tribal alliances of Sunni / Shia divide that keeps this region in a constant state of war and division. It is also because the people, the folk of all these countries, the farmers, and merchants and every day Arab Joe Six Packs have been totally socialized to keep under cover, tow the line, avoid any and all confrontations with the powerful. Taliban, Al Quaeda, ISIS, all just extremist versions of a long history in the region of powerful henchmen. Yes

Add to this the role The West played as colonists supporting puppet dictators like the Shah of Iran. Or Sadam during the Cold War. What have the citizens of the ME witnessed from The West and Russia during the past decades? Alliances formed and then broken. Is it really all that surprising that foreign governments are not exactly to be trusted as liberators?

This conflict in the entire region requires decades upon decades if we ever see a secular democratic type of government emerge. Is it worth it?

One almost can conclude a RealPolitik Russian / US style cynicism to just put your support behind henchmen and dictators. US for decades supported Shah's and Kings in Saudi Arabia and before in Iran. The Russians Assad and Kadaffi. And the region was "relatively" stable.

I look at this also from a pragmatic place in terms of the resources available and willingness of western democracies and Russian people to support their governments on a decades long drawn out mission to democratize the ME. The cost in lives and resources is enormous. Isn't it just easier to back an Assad type tyrant? Or is it too late?

All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty (Assad, Kadafi, Sadam Hussein, Ayatollahs, etc. etc. ) back together again.......that is what is going through my mind this morning contemplating this enormous seemingly unsolvable mess.

This has been a terrible price to pay for our addiction and dependence on fossil fuels.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics